Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeffprop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2008
Hello. I have recently replaced my 4GB ipod mini with a 16GB nano. I noticed two things when listening to a music playlist that I was not sure was a glitch or something that has been phased out.
Frist:
On the mini, when I played a music playlist, it would give you the song number in the list, e.g. 2 of 300, 3 of 300, etc. This was convenient when having the shuffle setting on and not the repeat setting so you had an idea of how many songs were left when you forwarded past several songs.
Second:
When you were playing the first song on the mini and hit the previous button, it would play the last song of the previous playlist. Hitting forward would then play the first song. I constantly did this in shuffle mode if I did not want the selected song to be first, but wanted to hear it later on in the random playlist.
My new nano does not do either of these. Were they features that apple phased out in an ipod model after I bought my mini? Is there a setting that I have set incorrectly? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.