Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

virgo123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2009
England
Hey my iTunes now thinks that my ipod is an iphone, keeps asking me to create ringtones etc. I get an error before iTunes starts which states. "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert disk into drive\device\Harddisk5\DR5" But I can then click continue and iTunes will load up. Im on vista btw. Has anyone else had these issues

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Hey my iTunes now thinks that my ipod is an iphone, keeps asking me to create ringtones etc. I get an error before iTunes starts which states. "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert disk into drive\device\Harddisk5\DR5" But I can then click continue and iTunes will load up. Im on vista btw. Has anyone else had these issues

I had this issue when the 2.1 came out. It automatically solved itself over time- it didn't really bother me that much...
Now for the disk issue- i don't think that has anything to do with the iPod. I'm sure it's either iTunes or your computer. Try to restart the comp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.