Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tcawrse05

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2009
ok I have a mac mini (first time user) and I'm liking it so far ... until now ... I tried to install windows 7 beta w/ bootcamp and when it restarted it told me to choose boot type 1 or 2 and now the mac won't accept input and I can't get the CD out so I could start my mac up like normal is there a manual override to eject the CD?

tcawrse05

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2009
another thought

I was also just wondering if there was a way to prevent the CD from booting up first ... you know w/ PCs you can go into the BIOS and have the CD boot up after the hard drive, I think that would also solve my problem ... I think I'm just going to put windows 7 beta on my laptop instead (it's a dell).

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Hold down the Option key on boot, you should get a screen to choose if you want to boot from CD, OS X partition, or Windows partition (if you already made it).

tcawrse05

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2009
Thanks a Million

Hey Thanks a million I have a logitech keyboard and sometimes the buttons are switched around for mac settings but the alt button did the trick ... thanks for the idea

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.