Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBA-MD

macrumors member
Original poster
May 27, 2008
Hello,
I am having latency issues when using the Broadcom wireless. When I disable it, the laptop works great, but the problem is that I watch video lecture streaming over the internet and would love to use the wireless to watch the videos. I updated the drivers for the Windows 7 but still no luck.
I am using the DPC latency issue checker and as soon as I dissable the broadcom driver the bars go down to green, but as soon as I turn it on to connect to the internet it goes way up.
Anybody has any ideas?? Thanks

Attachments

• DPC latency before.jpg
    DPC latency before.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 178
  • DPC latency after.jpg
    DPC latency after.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 173

tubbymac

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2008
You need to download exactly the Broadcom 943xx v5.10.38.26 driver which should be the top download link from the following URL:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14644

Then you need to force install it through device manager -> select old broadcom driver -> update driver -> then click on pretty much all the bottom buttons when you're given choices of what to do. During the force install you have to choose what type of device it is and on my Macbook it's a model 4322AG. I have no idea what Broadcom model is on the Air rev A so you'll have to google search to find that out. If all else fails you can try the 4322AG since it worked on my Macbook.

To verify the driver was force installed properly your device manager properties window needs to look like this when done:

broadcom0.jpg

For more help see the Macrumors thread in the Windows on Mac forum here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/629209/

Good luck!

MBA-MD

macrumors member
Original poster
May 27, 2008
Tubbymac,
You are the God of my Apple idolatry. I have spent so much time and money on fixing the stuttering and now it's gone completely. It took two minutes.
Thank you so much

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.