Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D3IZ3L

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2009
Ok sorry but I am sure there are a ton of macbook threads relating to the ram on here also sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong place! But I have looked through some of them and am unsure about one thing.

I have the macbook 120gb (white). it has two 512mb Ram in it. I am going to upgrade to two 2GB ram.

Looking to buy two of these from this site:

http://shoppingshopping.com.au/PS/542/62/Kingston-DDR2-667MHz-(PC2-5300)-Memory-KVR667D2S5/2G.aspx

It is 667mhz and is 200pin which i assume is the specifications that is needed, from doing the research. The one thing that I am confused about however is in the description where it says:

Memory Type: DDR2 667 SDRAM (MicroDIMM)

What does (MicroDIMM) mean, because the ones that people have suggested from newegg.com don't have anything about (microDIMM) in the description and I'm really looking to get them from this website rather than the ones on newegg.com

Sorry if i'm being a nuisance guys :) just need abita help

Cheers in advance,

D3IZ3L

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
Ok sorry but I am sure there are a ton of macbook threads relating to the ram on here also sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong place! But I have looked through some of them and am unsure about one thing.

I have the macbook 120gb (white). it has two 512mb Ram in it. I am going to upgrade to two 2GB ram.

Looking to buy two of these from this site:

http://shoppingshopping.com.au/PS/542/62/Kingston-DDR2-667MHz-(PC2-5300)-Memory-KVR667D2S5/2G.aspx

It is 667mhz and is 200pin which i assume is the specifications that is needed, from doing the research. The one thing that I am confused about however is in the description where it says:

Memory Type: DDR2 667 SDRAM (MicroDIMM)

What does (MicroDIMM) mean, because the ones that people have suggested from newegg.com don't have anything about (microDIMM) in the description and I'm really looking to get them from this website rather than the ones on newegg.com

Sorry if i'm being a nuisance guys :) just need abita help

Cheers in advance,

D3IZ3L
You need 200pin, 667mhz DDR2, SO-DIMM ram. I've never seen MicroDIMM, but SO-DIMM means laptop RAM

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.