Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IxWiNdxI

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
I just got my kit from Apple and it came with a Mac OS X dvd. Is the dvd a full copy of the OS? Is there any difference from the retail one they sell at the store?

In the piece of paper it says that I am can buy one mac hardware for "testing purposes only" what does that mean? If I buy a Mac with the ADC discount am I going to get a mac for testing purposes only?

IxWiNdxI

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
Sorry I think I posted in the wrong section. Can someone move it to the right place? Sorry

Encryptic

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2008
I just got my kit from Apple and it came with a Mac OS X dvd. Is the dvd a full copy of the OS? Is there any difference from the retail one they sell at the store?

In the piece of paper it says that I am can buy one mac hardware for "testing purposes only" what does that mean? If I buy a Mac with the ADC discount am I going to get a mac for testing purposes only?

To help you out, you will actually find that purchases are for "development and testing"

To answer your question your hardware purchases are intended to be used for software development. Additionally, you will find that there's another catch to student membership, You may only purchase hardware ONCE at ADC discounted prices.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
But it's not "just" for development and testing is it? I can do anything other macs can do?

As long as you do some amount of developing on it, you're fine. In reality you could never even install XCode on it and Apple would never know or care.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.