PDA

View Full Version : How the !@#$ do you install libusb?????

Chuck67322
Jan 31, 2009, 12:27 PM
Well, the tethered iTouch 2G jailbreak finally came out, but I need libusb for it to work. I download the source from sourceforge, decompress the folder, inside that is a configure file. I open it and nothing happens.
Can someone help me or give a precompiled version?
Thanks!

yeroen
Jan 31, 2009, 02:27 PM
That's a configure script that generates a makefile. You have to run it from the terminal as so:

./configure
make
sudo make install

The steps above will generate a makefile for your platform, compile the library, and install it on your machine.

If you don't want do this from a source tarball, you install FinkCommander.app or MacPorts and install packages (many pre-compiled) that way.

Manty
Jan 31, 2009, 03:17 PM
If you don't know how to install libusb maybe it's not a good idea to try the Tethered jailbreak, why don't you wait for the GUI? Even the Dev Team refuses to give support to this release...

Chuck67322
Jan 31, 2009, 11:35 PM
That's a configure script that generates a makefile. You have to run it from the terminal as so:

./configure
make
sudo make install

The steps above will generate a makefile for your platform, compile the library, and install it on your machine.

If you don't want do this from a source tarball, you install FinkCommander.app or MacPorts and install packages (many pre-compiled) that way.

Nah, nevermind
I already found a precompiled version
I tried opening the configure file, typing make, then sudo make install, like you said, but it didn't work.
I've heard of macports before, though, but I never gave it a chance.

LPZ
Feb 1, 2009, 05:25 AM
I tried opening the configure file, typing make, then sudo make install, like you said, but it didn't work.

Do you have a compiler?:rolleyes:

I'm with Manty: If you don't know how to install libusb maybe it's not a good idea to try the Tethered jailbreak ...