PDA

View Full Version : MacBook internet sharing to DishNetwork reciever?

WPB2
Jan 31, 2009, 02:22 PM
I need to know if I can connect my MacBook 2.4 aluminium to my Dish Network ViP612 DVR, to share my wireless internet connection. I want to order Pay Per View, and avoid the service charge that Dish charges for not having a phone line connected.

Another question. Can I connect my Dish reciever to my Xbox 360 to share its wireless internet connection?

og1
Feb 1, 2009, 04:10 PM
I need to know if I can connect my MacBook 2.4 aluminium to my Dish Network ViP612 DVR, to share my wireless internet connection. I want to order Pay Per View, and avoid the service charge that Dish charges for not having a phone line connected.

Another question. Can I connect my Dish reciever to my Xbox 360 to share its wireless internet connection?

as far as the first one, the connection has to be pretty much constant. i dont know what intervals the box connects at, but if it misses one time, dish will put the charge back on your bill. as far as #2, i dont know if that works or not, my guess would be no. even if it did, you would have to leave the xbox on all the time.