Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tensix

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
Ohio
I have been looking for a dual dock for my Apple BT and my 3G for a long time. I came across a guy who will take your original dock and precision CC machine it to fit your 3G. I decided to send my to him and WOW am I impressed. It looks like it was made this way! The process is all controlled by and computer that he programmed to do this. So if you are looking to have this done pm me and I will give you his info. Cost is only $17! Here are a few pics of the process and the final product.

IMG_1212_JPG.jpg

IMG_1213_JPG.jpg

IMG_1214_JPG.jpg

IMG_1215_JPG.jpg

IMG_1216_JPG.jpg

IMG_1217_JPG.jpg

c99c_1-1.jpg

tensix

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
Ohio
That's nice. What a cool skill to have.

Yeah, it is definitely a skill to be able to program and make something like this. I loved being able to dock my Apple bluetooth with my 1st gen and now I can do it with my 3G!

tensix

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
Ohio
Here are a few more pics so you can see the quality. They really turn out great. I highly recommend having this done if you have an Apple BT and a dual dock.

IMG_3645.jpg

IMG_3643.jpg

IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3652.jpg

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
wow thats impressive. I dont use the apple bluetooth, but if i did i would probably be all over this.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
Wow! That's actually REALLY impressive!

If Apple made their bluetooth with ear piece options, I might try it, but their stock headphones hurt my ears so badly, I just can't bring myself to buy it. A great alternative to the Apple BT, is the Contour Metal. It's smaller, and easier on the ear, BUT, no dual dock. :(

redcrow240

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2008
this seems like the same thing i got done on ebay for $16. It turned out great since I can fit my phone with bodyguardz backing and power support crystal front.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.