Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chuck67322

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
Well, I got that 2G jailbreak working with rslite, restored my ipod with the custom .ipsw
But now it won't start up.
At all.
I can't put it in recovery mode for some reason. Can someone tell me what went wrong how to fix it?

synagence

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
You can't even get it in DFU mode?
If you can't then you might have to wait until they bring out a tool like pwnage tool that can force a DFU mode ....

Even the dev-team highly recommended AGAINST the jailbreak for now and aren't even answering questions about it ... its early ...

I remember doing the old 74-step 1st gen ipod jailbreak and it was nightmarish ... but fun

Chuck67322

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
You can't even get it in DFU mode?
If you can't then you might have to wait until they bring out a tool like pwnage tool that can force a DFU mode ....

Even the dev-team highly recommended AGAINST the jailbreak for now and aren't even answering questions about it ... its early ...

I remember doing the old 74-step 1st gen ipod jailbreak and it was nightmarish ... but fun

Well, I just read somewhere that you should just wait for a bit and then try booting up in Recovery mode, so I'm going to do that, and I'll see what happens

If that doesn't work, I'm going to take it to apple and I'm going to say, "I unplugged it by accident when I was updating to 2.2.1"
:D

hbah427

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
Well, I got that 2G jailbreak working with rslite, restored my ipod with the custom .ipsw
But now it won't start up.
At all.
I can't put it in recovery mode for some reason. Can someone tell me what went wrong how to fix it?

Mine did the exact same thing.

After trying the exact same thing.

Here's how I fixed it.

• Plug up your iPod
  • Open iTunes
  • Hold down Sleep/Wake and Home for exactly 10 seconds
  • Release Sleep/Wake and continue holding Home
  • Restore using the official firmare and wait for an untethered jailbreak

Chuck67322

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
Mine did the exact same thing.

After trying the exact same thing.

Here's how I fixed it.

• Plug up your iPod
  • Open iTunes
  • Hold down Sleep/Wake and Home for exactly 10 seconds
  • Release Sleep/Wake and continue holding Home
  • Restore using the official firmare and wait for an untethered jailbreak

Great! Got it working
But I'm not giving up yet
:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.