PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going MBP (2006) to the new MB

PTA
Feb 1, 2009, 03:23 PM
I have been thinking of getting the new unibody macbook but need to sell off my old macbook pro to fund some of it. I will probably craigslist it and I am not trying to sell it here, I just want to see your valuations of it so I do not ask too much/little for it.

2.0 intel core duo
2 gigs of ram
15" matte
new battery (only 12 cycles on it)
80gb hdd
ATI Radeon x1600
running 10.5.6
clean & well taken care of.

I was thinking $900

Now, onto the new macbook, any recommended carrying bags? I have been using a Wenger and love it but it is incredibly worn out. I need to carry a few binders as well.

Winter Charm
Feb 1, 2009, 03:34 PM
I have been thinking of getting the new unibody macbook but need to sell off my old macbook pro to fund some of it. I will probably craigslist it and I am not trying to sell it here, I just want to see your valuations of it so I do not ask too much/little for it.

2.0 intel core duo
2 gigs of ram
15" matte
new battery (only 12 cycles on it)
running 10.5.6
clean & well taken care of.

I was thinking $900

Now, onto the new macbook, any recommended carrying bags? I have been using a Wenger and love it but it is incredibly worn out. I need to carry a few binders as well.

Hmm, 900 seeems slightly low... i would go around $1000 or $1100. - it IS a macbook Pro which you probably bought at around $2000. another thing i would note is the graphics card (whether it's discreet or integrated) and how powerful it is. that would effect your pricing. If it is an intel integrated graphics keep it at around $900. If its an ATI bump to about $1000 and for Nvidia bump it to $1100.

Hope this helped

PTA
Feb 1, 2009, 03:40 PM
Thanks dinjin, I updated my first post.