PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Macworld Expo in Baltimore, Maryland

TheMacOS.com
Mar 16, 2004, 10:33 PM
I think they should hold an expo in Baltimore, MD... it's a major city... :)

wdlove
Mar 17, 2004, 02:43 PM

Since it was originally in Boston, let's just leave it there. There is a lot of tech companies in the New England area. Plus a lot of Universities.

Chip NoVaMac
Mar 17, 2004, 03:24 PM
Since it was originally in Boston, let's just leave it there. There is a lot of tech companies in the New England area. Plus a lot of Universities.

If tech companies are an indication of location, even after the Dot Com bust the Northern Virginia area would be just as strong....

rueyeet
Mar 17, 2004, 04:06 PM
I'd rather have an Apple store at the Mall in Columbia than a Macworld at the Inner Harbor.

gwuMACaddict
Mar 17, 2004, 05:54 PM
i'd love it too... but NEVER gonna happen...

now, in dc? possibility... that new convention center is GORGEOUS

Les Kern
Mar 17, 2004, 07:06 PM

I'm from "Balimer", but alas I moved. Macworld Expo - Chicago would be real nice though. (GOD I miss soft-crab sandwiches and scrapple!)

MrMacMan
Mar 17, 2004, 11:45 PM

Or we could Keep It in NYC...

There was a reason we left Boston in the first place...

Its also the same reason Apple computer will not be in attendence to 'Mac World'

:eek:

wdlove
Mar 19, 2004, 08:19 PM
Or we could Keep It in NYC...

There was a reason we left Boston in the first place...

Its also the same reason Apple computer will not be in attendence to 'Mac World'

:eek:

The reason that Steve wanted to pull out of Boston was because of the Big Dig, traffic, and the use of the Bayside and World Trade Center. The Big Dig is almost complete and so traffic is much better. Commute time has been cut by 20 minutes. Now it will in on one place at the new Convention Center. It has parking and easy access to the MBTA. MacWorld with be the first Convention occupant.

gwuMACaddict
Mar 19, 2004, 08:39 PM
(GOD I miss soft-crab sandwiches and scrapple!)

mmmmmmm... it's 9:40, but man... you're making me hungry... :D