PDA

View Full Version : A problem with Nike+ sensor

kevzy
Feb 2, 2009, 09:25 AM
Hi guys,

I have been using Nike+ with my 3rd gen Nano since I got both the iPod and running kit last March.

Everything usually works fine. Last night I went to go for a run (plugged in the attachment to the bottom of the iPod, selected my music, chose workout type) but my iPod kept searching for the shoe sensor.

I usually get the voice saying walk around to activate your sensor and it is usually found a few seconds after. Not this time, I got message a few minutes later saying my shoe sensor could not be found.

I tried to re-link my shoe sensor in the options but that didn't work, I restored my iPod and pressed the reset button on the back of the shoe sensor. Still no joy.

Anybody got any ideas about what has gone wrong? Will I be able to get a replacement?

Thanks in advance.

chadamorrill
Feb 2, 2009, 09:59 AM
Hi guys,

I have been using Nike+ with my 3rd gen Nano since I got both the iPod and running kit last March.

Everything usually works fine. Last night I went to go for a run (plugged in the attachment to the bottom of the iPod, selected my music, chose workout type) but my iPod kept searching for the shoe sensor.

I usually get the voice saying walk around to activate your sensor and it is usually found a few seconds after. Not this time, I got message a few minutes later saying my shoe sensor could not be found.

I tried to re-link my shoe sensor in the options but that didn't work, I restored my iPod and pressed the reset button on the back of the shoe sensor. Still no joy.

Anybody got any ideas about what has gone wrong? Will I be able to get a replacement?

Thanks in advance.

Battery could be dead. Wish that stupid sensor had an LED on it. Oh well. I think you can just buy the sensor for $20 on Apple's site.

kevzy
Feb 2, 2009, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yeah thought it could have been the battery, but is it normal for it to only last 9-10 months? Anyone know if I could get it replaced?

chadamorrill
Feb 2, 2009, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yeah thought it could have been the battery, but is it normal for it to only last 9-10 months? Anyone know if I could get it replaced?

Sounds about normal. Not sure though, it probably depends on use and how long it's on your shoe before/after runs. In 2.5 months, mine's gone 105 miles or so. I'll keep you posted when mine dies :)

QCassidy352
Feb 4, 2009, 11:39 AM
probably the battery. My sensor battery just died after only 7 months. :( I don't think I'll be replacing it.

kevzy
Mar 26, 2009, 08:08 AM
Just back from the Apple store where they gave me a new sensor no questions asked, hurrah.

mkrishnan
Mar 26, 2009, 08:18 AM
probably the battery. My sensor battery just died after only 7 months. :( I don't think I'll be replacing it.

I wonder how mine will be working... I haven't used it in a fair while. I have been running outside again, but I was too lazy to charge my Nano and get everything working.

It's good to know (post above) that Apple replaced the sensor for free.

anzo
Aug 20, 2009, 04:40 AM
does this work for all apple store?
even the ones in Canada? XD
Thanks

kevzy
Aug 20, 2009, 06:22 AM
Hard to say really. Probably just depends on the genius you speak to. Mine was in the UK.