Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
Assuming you own a Unibody MacBook, you really should read the user guide. Especially page 38. And no offense but this has been posted countless times, even about this particular hard drive. Any 2.5" SATA HDD will do. Previous MBs were limited to 9.5mm thickness, but some have been successful in installing thicker drives in the Unibodies (from what I've read).

hu8mypho

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2009
Are there any guides available for changing the drive on the new silver macbook. The youtube video is great, but is for diff model.

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
Are there any guides available for changing the drive on the new silver macbook. The youtube video is great, but is for diff model.

Seriously... Check out my previous post... It's for the Unibody (silver) MacBooks.

Macintosh Sauce

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2006
USA
I put the new 500 GB SAMSUNG 2.5 inch HD in my MacBook and it works perfectly. Nice to have all that extra space...

CBeckstrand

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2008
Salt Lake City,Utah
I would have to suggest you look at a different drive. I bought that exact drive and it caused my macbook to vibrate. I tried to get used to it but I decided it is too annoying. I am going to send it back and get a 5400 RPM drive. If you want to see what I mean put a cd in and feel the vibration. That is what it feels like all the time. If it does not bother you great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.