PDA

View Full Version : Help: My iPhone won't open up any apps!

tnisatard
Feb 3, 2009, 12:56 PM
I am on my iphone right now and all the apps i downloaded from iTunes refuse to open, I select an app and the loading screen shows up from the app, then it closes and goes back to my home screen

If it matters I jailbroke and unlocked my iPhone and I'm currently running on tmobile I have also downloaded cracked apps and they work fine

Thanks in advance, I turned offmy iphhone too and turns it back on and nothing changed

jmann
Feb 3, 2009, 12:58 PM
I am on my iphone right now and all the apps i downloaded from iTunes refuse to open, I select an app and the loading screen shows up from the app, then it closes and goes back to my home screen

If it matters I jailbroke and unlocked my iPhone and I'm currently running on tmobile I have also downloaded cracked apps and they work fine

Thanks in advance, I turned offmy iphhone too and turns it back on and nothing changed

Put them on your computer, then delete them off your phone and resync them back.

tnisatard
Feb 3, 2009, 01:01 PM
Put them on your computer, then delete them off your phone and resync them back.

It's not on my comp, I don't sync my apps because iTunes deletes my cracked apps are there any alternatives

jmann
Feb 3, 2009, 01:04 PM
It's not on my comp, I don't sync my apps because iTunes deletes my cracked apps are there any alternatives

iTunes won't delete cracked apps. They sync over to the itunes library like regular apps.

Gix1k
Feb 3, 2009, 01:05 PM
Doubt it. Sounds like you need to do the whole thing over again. Restore, jailbreak, unlock. Sorry

Tokiopop
Feb 3, 2009, 01:06 PM
Did you pay for these apps that wont open? :rolleyes:

jmann
Feb 3, 2009, 01:07 PM

Did you pay for these apps that wont open? :rolleyes:

Pretty clear ;)

intelplatoon
Mar 7, 2009, 12:29 PM
my phone does the same thing!!!....not jailbroken tho....might take it to the apple store if i cant figure it out.........1 month old.....

firewood
Mar 7, 2009, 01:04 PM
If it's not jailbroken, try a reboot (slide to power off, wait, power back on, wait), and then install one new free app using iTunes and your iTunes account.

Mar 7, 2009, 01:07 PM
You're being punished for stealing :).

branjosef
Mar 7, 2009, 05:43 PM
maybe its closed for the holidays :D

deannnnn
Mar 7, 2009, 09:08 PM
Press and hold the Power & Home buttons until the phone restarts.

jmccullough108
Mar 7, 2009, 11:18 PM
Buy the apps that you stole, and then try it again.

joeshell383
Mar 8, 2009, 01:22 AM
my phone does the same thing!!!....not jailbroken tho....might take it to the apple store if i cant figure it out.........1 month old.....

Make sure that your phone is properly configured with the iTunes account you purchased/downloaded the apps under.

intelplatoon
Mar 8, 2009, 05:16 AM
^ .....it is the same account, the apps worked like 3 or 4 days ago. i also have already turned the phone on and off, as well as held the power button and the home button down simultaneously.......nothing changed.........:(

jackryan57
Mar 8, 2009, 08:01 AM
^ .....it is the same account, the apps worked like 3 or 4 days ago. i also have already turned the phone on and off, as well as held the power button and the home button down simultaneously.......nothing changed.........:(

This happened to me when I first got my iphone. Someone here said to do the following and it worked. I forget the exact process but it goes:

In Itunes click store/deauthorize computer. Then I think you shut down and restart itunes and then re-authorize computer. Then sync

Let me know

twonga
Mar 8, 2009, 11:17 AM
here is the fix

delete ONE of the apps, go to appstore and redownload it and install.

all your apps will work again

davejep
Mar 8, 2009, 06:31 PM
here is the fix

delete ONE of the apps, go to appstore and redownload it and install.

all your apps will work again

Agreed, its a DRM issue (Digital Rights Management (I think))
Either download a new app any free one will do or delete a present one and re download it.
Once you do this all will be fine.

intelplatoon
Mar 9, 2009, 01:48 AM
nice....thanks guys, downloading another app fixed it......is that something that happens often? or is there no real way of knowing?......

again thanks a bunch:D

spikedfo
Mar 9, 2009, 02:07 AM
delete and reinstall it? I think it might be something wrong happened when you sync with iTunes. It makes iTunes cant recognize these apps.

astro2
Apr 26, 2009, 04:46 AM
DON'T LISTEN TO EVERYONE, DON'T REJAILBREAK AND REINSTALL

hi, after a long battle to recover my stuff of my iphone (which failed)

stupid apple, screw it and its dumb products (yes you heard me, apple sucks pc rules)

god i lost EVERTHING just for trying to update from 2.2 to 2.2.1 THEN got caught in a restore loop making my iphone absolutely useless

anyways took two days to fix it and now ran into your problem "app cannot be opened" even though they ALL transfered back to my iphone with no probs

I found out how to fix it, the free app 'tap tap revenge' gave it away, on why it was screwed (sumthin on the lines of "your are not authorized on this computer to install this app"

make sure your computer is authorized, EVEN if you authorized it previously

redownload that app, THEN reinstall tap tap revenge

THEN feel free to reinstall your apps again

if you had brains like me dont' use installulous, you waste phone credits and also appulous IS installulous...use the web version so you can utilize your internet speed on your computer and once you download it you can burn a back up of your IPA

i already have my ipas on my pc so its as easy as drag'n drop again:p

Knowlege Bomb
Apr 26, 2009, 06:18 AM
iTunes won't delete cracked apps. They sync over to the itunes library like regular apps.

Interesting. When I attempted to sync all of mine were deleted.

Rusalka
Apr 26, 2009, 10:11 AM
Interesting. When I attempted to sync all of mine were deleted.

Check your settings for Installous, mine transfer just fine