Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Hello,

I've just come across some loads of old CD's, which included finding a copy of Deadlock: Planetary Conquest. This used to be my favourite game as a teenager, and I would love to get it working on my current MBP.

I can't seem to find any decent OS 8/9 emulators that work on Intel, I have a CD of OS8 and 9 too if that is any help!

Any ideas on how I could do this? Or on a lighter note, any body remember just how kick ass this game was!!

Warm Regards,
Ensign

headset

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2007
vermont
Yeah I love that game. Totally underrated. Might have to boot ye olde powerbook into 10.4 and play a round...

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
You could try Sheepshaver, but you'd probably have better luck trying to run the PC version in Wine or Crossover.

MaxZero

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2011
I should think Sheepshaver is probably capable of running it, the spec requirements were pretty low. I could play it on a Performa 5200

Erasmus

macrumors 68030
Jun 22, 2006
Australia
If you want a Deadlock-like game that runs on an iOS device you may or may not have, I recommend Starbase Orion. It's fantastic.

P.S. I have no affiliation with the guys who made that game :)

divamatt

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2012
Also enjoyed Deadlock quite a bit as a teen, only to realise, playing as an adult, that I had no idea what I was doing back then.

This happens a lot, especially with more strategic games. Stars! anybody??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.