Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gibbz

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
I just wanted to take the time to express my excitement with my Apple TV purchase. I bought a 40GB ATV today and am streaming from my home computer with an AEBS+1TB hard drive which stores my iTunes Library.

I also installed Boxee and it has to be one of the sweetest things I have ever used. I spent tonight getting caught up on episodes of 24 via Hulu.

I was on the fence about getting the ATV, but after just a few short hours I want to tell everyone else who is on the fence to jump over to the fun side!

ltsching

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2008
I am glad you made the right choice of going with the :apple:TV. A quick question regarding Boxee: how is the picture for Hulu, SD comparable? Thanks.

Advance The Man

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

It's unwatchable because it studers too much. It will say two words then freeze for two then repeat. However this varies from station. Hulu's CBS feed works fine, but FOX is a disaster for me. Not sure why the difference. For now Boxee is a novelty, not a cable replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.