Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dwjago

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
I recently purchased a brand new macbook 2.4 ghz, 2 gbs of ddr3 macbook from the apple website. I really love my macbook and everything has been great so far. Recently, i have been watching a show called lost. I have been streaming it from abc.com in high definition. It worked for a while, and then it happend. It started making this crackling.... kernaly... crushing paper... cricket noise and the computer completely froze. I hard restarted the computer and it comes back on the first time... and even the trackpad works, but you can't open anything or do anything. I'll click on safari and it's icon will turn darker but nothing will happen, and it will keep making this noise. If i restart it again, it will still make the noise but it wont even boot, it will just stay white screen. I was debating whether to take it in to the apple store or not but then i realized that i had torrents and stuff that i didn't exactly "pay for", if you know what i mean. I reformatted the computer with the os x cd that it came with and now it works flawlessly! SO WHY TAKE IT IN IF IT'S WORKING FLAWLESSLY NOW? WHAT WOULD I SAY? ... soo i went on with my life for about a week. (Still watching Lost)... Yesterday, the same thing happend again. What should i do? Please help me. . . , i spent alot of my money on this computer and i really want it fixed. Anyone else had this problem? Where does the problem lie?

Thanks,
DWJAGO

gixxerredliner

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2008
Sir!!!

I recently purchased a brand new macbook 2.4 ghz, 2 gbs of ddr3 macbook from the apple website. I really love my macbook and everything has been great so far. Recently, i have been watching a show called lost. I have been streaming it from abc.com in high definition. It worked for a while, and then it happend. It started making this crackling.... kernaly... crushing paper... cricket noise and the computer completely froze. I hard restarted the computer and it comes back on the first time... and even the trackpad works, but you can't open anything or do anything. I'll click on safari and it's icon will turn darker but nothing will happen, and it will keep making this noise. If i restart it again, it will still make the noise but it wont even boot, it will just stay white screen. I was debating whether to take it in to the apple store or not but then i realized that i had torrents and stuff that i didn't exactly "pay for", if you know what i mean. I reformatted the computer with the os x cd that it came with and now it works flawlessly! SO WHY TAKE IT IN IF IT'S WORKING FLAWLESSLY NOW? WHAT WOULD I SAY? ... soo i went on with my life for about a week. (Still watching Lost)... Yesterday, the same thing happend again. What should i do? Please help me. . . , i spent alot of my money on this computer and i really want it fixed. Anyone else had this problem? Where does the problem lie?

Thanks,
DWJAGO

I would take the computer to apple and tell them of your concern, it could be a problem with your computer. Or it could be the macs inability to handle the program you are streaming thus causing it to crash.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.