Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hutch1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
Guelph, ON
Very nice case, super solid and stiff like carbon fiber should be, it's nicely lined with neoprene. It adds next to no weight and only a little bit in size. Despite the glossy finish it's not slippery and feels good in the hand.

The product is good but their customer service leaves something to be desired considering they are selling a premium product. I order mine on Jan. 7th with a delivery date of Jan 14th-16th. The 20th rolls around still no case, I sent an email they responded the next day saying that they would file a claim with USPS, that's nice but I want my case. I sent them a couple more emails no response. I then said that I would call Visa an dispute the charge is they didn't respond. I got a response very apologetic saying that USPS lost the shipment that they would refund my premium shipping that I paid for send out a new case and include one of there other new cases. I thought "hey thats good". At the sane time the customer service person is sending me this email I get one saying that my case has shipped. Next day I get an email from the customer service person saying that USPS found the shipment. They did refund my money, which is good. They didn't send me the other case for my troubles, and the customer service person lied outright to me, USPS never lost the case, DRO didn't ship it. the shipping form in the box even says ordered on Jan 7 and shipped on Jan 24. I really hate it when they think their customers are stupid. All they had to say was that they forget, had a delay, misplaced the order, there is no need to blame USPS for their screw-up.

So the case gets 4.5/5, Shipping gets 1/5, Customer Service gets 2/5 (they did refund the shipping).

Attachments

• DRO CF Case Front1.jpg
    DRO CF Case Front1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 128
  • DRO CF Case Back1.jpg
    DRO CF Case Back1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 115
  • DRO CF Case With CF Callpod1.jpg
    DRO CF Case With CF Callpod1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 114

Chris Welch

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2007
New York
Sorry, but that looks awful.

The top is totally exposed, and why do some of these case manufacturers insist on that circle displaying the Apple logo? At least put a layer of plastic or something over it. Totally defeats the purpose of the case. I'm sure all kinds of dust and stuff can get in there.

But if you like it, that's all that counts I suppose.

Hutch1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
Guelph, ON
Actually the very tight fitting Neoprene stops everything from getting inside both the top an the Apple logo. Due to the shape of the case the over hang on the top and bottom, the top of the phone is not really exposed to a drop.

But hey to each their own, I like it (I guess if I didn't I wouldn't have bought it).

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Ohhh, horrible customer service eh? I can't deal with companies like those.
Hopefully they sort things out, you should've filed a claim with your credit card :rolleyes:

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2008
Sorry, but that looks awful.

The top is totally exposed, and why do some of these case manufacturers insist on that circle displaying the Apple logo? At least put a layer of plastic or something over it. Totally defeats the purpose of the case. I'm sure all kinds of dust and stuff can get in there.

But if you like it, that's all that counts I suppose.

seriously

I actually considered this case, but why the hell does it need a hole in the back

ratbatblue

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
I see on the DRO web site that they ship the CF case with a screen protector, but...I use the Power Support Anti-glare exclusively, and any case that causes the protector to wrinkle or bubble is a show stopper for me. Anyone have any idea/experience with that protector and this case?

Hutch1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
Guelph, ON
seriously

I actually considered this case, but why the hell does it need a hole in the back

Well it needs at least one hole for the camera.

The second hole may also serve the function of allowing RF into and out of the case, carbon fiber can attenuate RF signals. I have not seen any degradation in signal strength thus far, but also haven't been in marginal signal areas either.

papiti

macrumors regular
May 28, 2008
Puerto Rico
:eek:Maaaaan, that is an awful case. You should get some glasses dude. Sorry, I just don't like it!!!! WOW!!!!! Barf!!!!

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Oh please it's a damn phone case. Barf? Yeah you're right, I used to say that when I was 10 too.

Not a bad case, not my style though. Enjoy. what is that carbon fiber circle thing next to the case.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
it doesnt look bad as a case aesthetic wise but i dont like how the top is exposed. if you drop it and it hits that side there is no protection what so ever and that kinda destroys the point of a hard case like that

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
I have to agree there. If you are going to kill the beauty of the Iphone with a case, like many of us do, it really should protect the entire phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.