Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

efedor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
Can you guys refresh my memory on what's the name of the program that allows you to keep your songs in your itouch when you hook it up to a new computer? Thanks

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
It's a built-in function to iTunes; connect your iPod first to your own computer, check "Manually Manage Music and Videos" and you're all set.

efedor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
That does not work, It tells me that it will erase all my music and replace it with the music on the computer and I dont want that!

Trip.Tucker

Mar 13, 2008
That does not work, It tells me that it will erase all my music and replace it with the music on the computer and I dont want that!

Only if you try to sync on the new computer. If you want to start syncing from that computer, then copy the music from your old computer to the new one and then resync to your iPod touch which will erase first.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home

Then you must be doing something wrong, because I manually sync with 3 different computers and never encounter that. When you hook it up to another computer, DO NOT press sync. Simply find the song(s) you want, and drag and drop them onto the iPod icon on the left hand side of iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.