Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrPrimeMinister

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
My MBA (like most) does get a bit hot when watching streaming videos on the web, but I also get significant frame drop issues in sites like Hulu when I try to full screen the video. This is also the case youtube, the video runs smoothly until I full screen it. I have already downloaded flash 10 and I'm pretty sure it's not a network speed problem. Anyone else experience this or have a recommendation?

andrewp

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2008
Sadly, I can confirm this too on my MBA especially when I try to watch HD videos eventhough they are only like 50-100mb...Dunno what makes it this way cause it's way too powerful to not be playing them perfectly

EnderTW

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Let me guess, Rev A?

Get coolbook, it should fix the problem.

This is why I upgraded from rev a to rev b. Never had a stuttering video ever, only when my usenet program is unraring my downloads. Which is understandable because unraring takes a lot of the cpu.

rhyx

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
If you are a Rev A you definitely need CoolBook. On my RevB I have no problem playing Hulu HD.

kory108

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
CoolBook and Video

I have a Rev A as well and just installed CookBook last night.
It does help some with the video, expecailly at slowing down the fans after you're done with the video. This use to take my computer about 5-10 mins and now is almost instant.

As far as choppy videos go, it does help some but it's definitally not a silver bullet. I'd say it gets rid of about 50% of the choppyness, which actually makes the video bearable to watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.