PDA

View Full Version : Strange HD Formatting/Partitions

munson
Feb 5, 2009, 05:30 PM
So, I got a little too curious, and now am in a bit of a predicament.

My initial plan was to triple boot OS'es.

I had installed Ubuntu Linux on my computer after resizing the OS X partition. I then realized I had made the mistake of not using Boot Camp to install Windows first and make room for the Linux partitions.

So I used Disk utility to erase the working Linux partition (I have rEFIt working properly). I still have the linux swap partition on my internal HD on my iMac, and Disk Utility cannot seem to remove it.

Now, feel free to point and laugh because I deserve it -- but does anyone know how to get rid of that linux swap partition so I can stretch the OS X partition to the max, and use Boot Camp? (Boot camp comes up with an error message for me if I have more than one partition on my OS X native drive.

I also have another problem. There are two mysterious partitions on my 500GB external, and I do not know what they are, how they got there, or how to remove them. I want to edit these partitions, but cannot afford to lose the data on the external. Disk 2S5 and Disk 2S6 give messages (attached below) when I try to eject them.

So, can anyone give me some help here? It's quite annoying, but not quite the end of the earth. Let me know if you need more info!