PDA

View Full Version : Sex and the City sequel announced

edesignuk
Feb 6, 2009, 04:21 AM
The stars of Sex and the City have signed up for a sequel to last year's hit film of the US TV show.

The film, due to be released by Warner Bros in summer 2010, will reunite Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon.

Michael Patrick King, who wrote and directed Sex and the City: The Movie, has also signed up for the sequel.

King said in a statement that he was "very excited to work with these amazing actresses again". BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7873906.stm).

I can scarcely contain my excitement.

iBlue
Feb 6, 2009, 04:24 AM
You know you want to see it! :p

edesignuk
Feb 6, 2009, 04:27 AM
You know you want to see it! :pOnly if someone gets their baps out. </shallow>

xUKHCx
Feb 6, 2009, 04:32 AM
May as well get as much money now while it is still big (and then in 10 years time do another one).

iBlue
Feb 6, 2009, 04:34 AM
Only if someone gets their baps out. </shallow>
They're usually not too shy about teh nudity, or did you mean me? :p

Don't answer that.

May as well get as much money now while it is still big (and then in 10 years time do another one).
"Granny and the city"

arkitect
Feb 6, 2009, 04:35 AM
Only if someone gets their baps out. </shallow>

Phwoaar!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2172/1917443677_f69deed2f7.jpg

SpaceKitty
Feb 6, 2009, 04:44 AM
I tried watching an episode once and it was one of the most boing things I had ever seen.

Jaffa Cake
Feb 6, 2009, 04:46 AM
Only if someone gets their baps out. </shallow>I will, but you've got to pay for my ticket and popcorn.

xUKHCx
Feb 6, 2009, 04:49 AM
I will, but you've got to pay for my ticket and popcorn.

He didn't say anything about you having to go with him ;) Seems like someone secretly wants to go and see it as well :p

Jaffa Cake
Feb 6, 2009, 05:02 AM
He didn't say anything about you having to go with him ;)I don't 'go' with anyone on a first date. What do you take me for?

Dagless
Feb 6, 2009, 05:42 AM
I tried watching an episode once and it was one of the most boing things I had ever seen.

Same, twas all the rage at school. Gave it a shot and died a thousand deaths, and that was only 11 minutes in (something about Oysters and oral sex? grah).

bigandy
Feb 6, 2009, 06:13 AM
http://pxuk.net/up/files/1/macrumors/picard-facepalm.jpg.

heehee
Feb 6, 2009, 08:12 AM
I was "forced" to watch the movie with my gf, but I was surprised I actually liked it. :o

Abstract
Feb 6, 2009, 08:58 AM
I hope you didn't tell your girlfriend that ^^^.

Raid
Feb 6, 2009, 10:23 AM
... So what's going to be the new title?

"Sex and the City: Come again"?

:D

GSMiller
Feb 6, 2009, 10:36 AM
I was "forced" to watch the movie with my gf, but I was surprised I actually liked it. :o

http://img26.picoodle.com/img/img26/3/2/6/f_785whippingm_3b8bff5.gif

:D:p

jcb10
Feb 6, 2009, 11:33 AM
Carrie was always a PowerBook user (and even cried when her boyfriend tried to buy her a clamshell iBook because she loved her PB so much -- although she never backed up). There was also an iPhone offered to her to make a phone call in the first movie, which she rejected as being too complicated to work.

Hey, my wife made me watch.

Teh Don Ditty
Feb 6, 2009, 01:07 PM
<picard facepalm>

This requires a double facepalm

http://nickmilne.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/facepalm2sn8.jpg

Abstract
Feb 6, 2009, 01:20 PM
Wirelessly posted (Nokia 5800 Tube XpressMusic : Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5800d-1/10.0.010; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

I detest the characters on that show. Well, most of the time anyway. I don't mind that it's show aimed at women though.

bigandy
Feb 6, 2009, 04:00 PM
This requires a double facepalm
As ever, you have make a good point.

I don't mind that it's show aimed at women though.
Because as a man, you're even less likely to watch it then? ;)

Teh Don Ditty
Feb 6, 2009, 04:02 PM
As ever, you have make a good point.

Can't it both?

SteveMobs
Feb 6, 2009, 04:04 PM
... So what's going to be the new title?

"Sex and the City: Come again"?

:D

I think you spelled that wrong.

bigandy
Feb 6, 2009, 04:04 PM
Can't it both?

Finding out would be far more interesting than watching this film ;)

Teh Don Ditty
Feb 6, 2009, 04:05 PM
Finding out would be far more interesting than watching this film ;)

Well I'm totally up for it.

iNash
Feb 6, 2009, 04:33 PM
I watched the Episodes when I was a wee lad and actually found it quite funny, took the GF to see the movie and teased her for not being a 'proper fan' as she had only seen a couple of series.

But she is geeking up now on the series before we go to NY and take the tour :o

Erm..... scratch that, I mean, yeah it's crap, it's for girls... erm... anyone see the sharks game? ;)

Abstract
Feb 6, 2009, 06:19 PM
Because as a man, you're even less likely to watch it then? ;)

Listen, just because I can name all the characters, and I TiVo that s*** like nobody else, and I only bought a TiVo because Miranda.... the ginger girl is an advocate who couldn't stop talking about how she loves it in Episode 76, does NOT mean I love the show (a lot), mkay? I merely peruse it when it's on. Anyway, it's only on once a week, and they don't film that many episodes in a year, so shut up!

*hugs his TiVo, who's way better than Steve*

zombie1210
Feb 6, 2009, 06:23 PM
SJP is one of the ugliest "stars" ever.

bigandy
Feb 6, 2009, 06:26 PM
Well I'm totally up for it.
RAWR!

Listen, just because I can name all the characters, and I TiVo that s*** like nobody else, and I only bought a TiVo because Miranda.... the ginger girl is an advocate who couldn't stop talking about how she loves it in Episode 76, does NOT mean I love the show (a lot), mkay? I merely peruse it when it's on. Anyway, it's only on once a week, and they don't film that many episodes in a year, so shut up!

*hugs his TiVo, who's way better than Steve*

:eek:

angelneo
Feb 6, 2009, 11:54 PM
Is she sitting beside you when you post this?

edesignuk
Apr 3, 2009, 08:27 AM
Gentlemen, be prepared the be otherwise engaged in May 2010 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7981383.stm).

You have been warned.

yellow
Apr 3, 2009, 08:29 AM
Kill me now.

arkitect
Apr 3, 2009, 08:32 AM
Oh… joy…

:(

Jaffa Cake
Apr 3, 2009, 08:38 AM
Do we have any idea of a possible plot yet, other than it'll involve shagging? With this sort of sequel they often seem to favour transporting the characters across to Europe so I'm going to place an early bet on it being something along the lines of Sex and the City: Shagging in Paris or Sex and the City: Putting it about a bit in London, with some comic-relief cultural misunderstandings to pad out the ropey sex scenes.

I see from e's link though that there's another Ghostbusters in the offing...

Kardashian
Apr 3, 2009, 08:40 AM
BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7873906.stm).

I can scarcely contain my excitement.

For once, I opened a thread of yours for something other than the LOL of that bloody powerboat!

Honestly, I am so excited.

Can't wait!

I just hope they don't follow true with the rumours and that Big cheats on Carrie. No relationship has THIS many problems. Ridic.

And.. Samantha needs to get back to doing teh sexing, and then realise she loves Smith and get back with him.

And Charlotte, well the less of her and that annoying daughter the better.

Miranda, I don't care what she does, as long as she has the same make up artist as the last movie and doesn't get her t*ts out again.

And, this time, explain whether Sanford and Marcus are even together?!

/Kardashians queer-er side coming out.

Kardashian
Apr 3, 2009, 08:43 AM
SJP is one of the ugliest "stars" ever.

That shouldn't be an issue.

How much of a looker are you, m'dear?

Post a photo and lets all take a vote.

Kardashian
Apr 3, 2009, 08:44 AM
Also,

Carrie belongs with Aidan. I'm sorry, I've been against this JJP 'Big' business since day one.

If they divorce and re-kindle, I don't care how fake and false it is, I'd be happy.

edesignuk
Apr 3, 2009, 08:44 AM
I'm worried about you, Kardashian.

arkitect
Apr 3, 2009, 08:45 AM
with some comic-relief cultural misunderstandings to pad out the ropey sex scenes.
I thought those were the comic-relief!? :)

/Kardashians queer-er side coming out.
3 Posts later…
Yikes!
Learn to mulit-quote will ya…
;)

And no, "queerness" has nothing to do with enjoying it…
I hate the stuff. Bleggh. Its crap. ;)

Kardashian
Apr 3, 2009, 08:45 AM
I'm worried about you, Kardashian.

Oh shove off, let me be a queen for once ;)

Hot men (and women), money, clothes, and sex.

Surely you big ol' straighties will enjoy 2 of those?

And, just for Arki...

Yikes!
Learn to mulit-quote will ya…
;)

And no, "queerness" has nothing to do with ejoying it…
I hate the stuff. Bleggh. Its crap. ;)

Oh let me have my fun. Me, popcorn. a tribe of girls, and cocktails afterwards.

OK, I just cringed. Maybe you're both right..

(about me, not the movie) ;)

arkitect
Apr 3, 2009, 08:51 AM
Me, popcorn. a tribe of girls, and cocktails afterwards.

OMG. I think I know you… ;)

:D:D

Kardashian
Apr 3, 2009, 08:53 AM
OMG. I think I know you… ;)

:D:D

I believe the term is "Like, oh, my, goooooooood, like..."
:p

Dagless
Apr 3, 2009, 09:19 AM
Its crap.

I'm afraid so. But people also like Catherine Tate, Hogson and Pogson (or whatever them Gavin and Stacey people are called), Might Boosh series 3 and other crap over here. So everyone loses. Badly.

And SJP? Ew.

iBlue
Apr 3, 2009, 09:22 AM
I want Smith back. He was... lovely.

Teh Don Ditty
Apr 3, 2009, 10:31 AM
gun, head, trigger.

arkitect
Apr 3, 2009, 10:43 AM
But people also like Catherine Tate, Hogson and Pogson (or whatever them Gavin and Stacey people are called), Might Boosh series 3 and other crap over here. So everyone loses. Badly.

Heh.
I don't like them either. :p

Come to think of it there's not a lot on telly that I do like…

Hummmm. *Looks at TV license…*

instaxgirl
Apr 3, 2009, 03:50 PM
Also,

Carrie belongs with Aidan. I'm sorry, I've been against this JJP 'Big' business since day one.

If they divorce and re-kindle, I don't care how fake and false it is, I'd be happy.

NO

No, no, no. Carrie and Aidan were nice, but Carrie and Big are Carrie and Big. It was always meant to be Big.

I love Sex and the City, but I sort of think this sequel's going too far. The storyline with Miranda was enough of a "wtf" in the 1st film, who knows what they're going to pull out now.