Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JotaPorras

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Hey does anybody play this game? I always played it on PC, but now that im on mac... :S Well I really don't want to use parallels because ppl say it sucks and its slow and all sorts of things. And I want to leave BootCamp as a last resource. I don't even have a copy of windows with me and buying one is not an option. Is there any othe possibility? I already tried Darwine and just as it said, it doesnt support games.

Tell me to install windows if you are 100% sure it's the only way.

DukeOliver

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
In the fall of 2008 when I played Maplestory, I found there was no way to play it through wine. You'll have to play it in bootcamp. Considering it's a game any computer can play because it isn't graphic intensive, you won't notice any slowdown in parallels 4 either

Oraichu

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2008
Yep... I also used VMware to play this.

Even if I wouldn't recommend the game to you. Just a grindfest 24/7 with 13 year olds all over the place.

CSilver

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2009
Canada

Even if I wouldn't recommend the game to you. Just a grindfest 24/7 with 13 year olds all over the place.

Lol haha, I once was hooked playing MS but ya... I ain't going to use Mac to play MS what so ever.

And to OP, MS isn't going to get any better so... I would just say move on.(Based on KMS date and tespia news)
-Chris-

ChronoYu

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2007
The game can play on VM Ware Fusion 2 in OS X.

Please help! I have VM Ware Fusion 2.0.4 , but I can't seem to get Maplestory to work for me! I've downloaded the latest download of MapleStory with the latest updates and patches. I've reinstalled it three times over, rebooted the Windows in between each reinstall, but everytime I click on MapleStory to play, it shows it's loading Ahnlab Online Security, HackShield, then when it's done, the Windows (VM Ware) flickers smaller with a blank screen, then it loads back to normal and gives me:
HackShield Initialization Error (0x00000207)
Error occurred due to uknown reason.

I tried deleting certain files in the hshield folder in MapleStory, but that doesn't work either. I've tried putting MapleStory on the exception list for the firewall, but that doesn't work either.

Please help!

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Tell me about it! My kids where hooked on it. I really don't approve of MMOPG games for them but I cannot stiffle their growth on PC's so I monitor. The new craze is now Mabinogi (and it does demand either more graphics power than simple GMA950 normally would provide; and definately more cpu resources).

I'm curious, is there a way that Mac OS X's parental tools can be used in VMWare or Parallel's persistence dual system mode??

Jason Beck

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2009
Cedar City, Utah
Hey does anybody play this game? I always played it on PC, but now that im on mac... :S Well I really don't want to use parallels because ppl say it sucks and its slow and all sorts of things. And I want to leave BootCamp as a last resource. I don't even have a copy of windows with me and buying one is not an option. Is there any othe possibility? I already tried Darwine and just as it said, it doesnt support games.

Tell me to install windows if you are 100% sure it's the only way.

*shudder*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.