Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xodica

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Ok, so I wrote a disk image of Tiger I aquired LEGALLY! to CD-R (I got a DVD with the CD disk images on it from a friend who has them) using MacDrive on my PC as the disk drive I put in my eMac does not have burning enabled for w/e reason.

So, yes, I put the CD-R into my eMac, it shows up on the desktop and it then asks me to restart my Mac to continue with installation, on boot it gets to the Apple, the disk drive ejects and it boots into Panther.

Any solutions?

TrapOx

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2008
Denver
Getting a DVD with the CD disk images on it from a friend who has them is not "legally acquired".

Xodica

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Shhh... They're legal copies is what I meant.

Anyway, reply about the problem not that ¬_¬ I need to get this eMac off Panther asap

Xodica

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
But it wouldn't matter if I already owned a copy of Tiger legally yeah? I stated a had a MacBook which died, got both the Tiger and Leopard official DVDs. Would use them but I got the CDs before I changed the eMac disk drive, plus Leopard won't go on this eMac without me changing stuff and I cba.

Help now?

EDIT: Oh I actually didn't, that was in another thread. Possibly the "Who has an eMac?" thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.