Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
I had to delete my previous boot camp partition and redo the whole installation of Windows without backing up my files.

I want to run VMWare Fusion 2.0 over my boot camp partition, so I go on choose existing disk to run off of it, click on the Boot Camp hard drive icon, but the "Choose" button is whited out and I can't click on it.

Any ideas?

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
It won't let me boot from the boot camp partition, period. When I run it, it checks the disk then says it doesn't recognize something to run off of.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Oh, sorry about that.

No, when I try to run it off of VMWare Fusion of Mac OS X, it doesn't allow me to. Do I need to do anything special to make it notice this Boot Camp partition?

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Oh, sorry about that.

No, when I try to run it off of VMWare Fusion of Mac OS X, it doesn't allow me to. Do I need to do anything special to make it notice this Boot Camp partition?

I don't think so, when I created the VM for my BC partition, it showed up as soon as I opened Fusion.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
This is very odd then. Maybe I will try reinstalling VMWare Fusion. I will report back with what happens. Thanks for your help thus far, my friend.

acurafan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
This is very odd then. Maybe I will try reinstalling VMWare Fusion. I will report back with what happens. Thanks for your help.
it should just show up as a VM after you set up boot camp, all i had to do was run the import to install VM tools, off i go, boots into BC partition fine.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
this didn't fix anything, help!!!

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 71
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.