Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

traiecto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
barcelona
Hi all.
Have been searching all over for help. My 20" iSight G5 iMac won't start.
Already tried:
  • Removing power cord
  • Using other power cord
  • Inserting power cord while holding down power button
  • Holding power button for 6 secs+
  • Plugging cord to wall outlet
  • Begging and praying to the mighty white apple

I would really really appreciate ideas or suggestions; will take it down to the shop on monday, but it's out of warranty (almost 4 years old...) so...

Thanks!

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
I would recommend doing an SMC reset. My new MBA has worked flawlessly since November until last week the iSight stopped working. I got quite annoyed. I went on Google and did a search for "Apple iSight stopped working". A link came up to Apple's website about resetting the SMC. I performed the steps and restarted and the iSight is back up and running.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1411

traiecto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
barcelona
@OrangeSVTguy: Absolutely NO activity: noise, lights, anything. The mac is completely dead.

@ HLdan: I had seen this thread -and tried it before. Actually, the thread for the iMac isight can be found at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1767

Let's hope it's just the power supply and that this will not affect the HDD, since I was about to do a backup when the Mac died :(

tsofa

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2010
iMac G5 iSight won't start Only white light flashes

Hi

Help, my iMac iSight will not start either. Only the white light flashes at the bottom right. That's the only thing happening. I replaced the power supply and the same thing happens. Any please help.

tsofa:confused:

traiecto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
barcelona
It was the power supply. Took it in to an Apple authorized tec, and they replaced it.
Had back luck with this particular computer; also had to change the optical drive, the motherboard, and a couple other things.

tsofa

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2010
Was the light flashing?

Hi,

Was the white light flashing on your iMac G5 iSight after it died? It may not be cost effective to replace the motherboard on such an old computer. I did replace the power supply and the same thing happens, flashing white light only.

Tsofa:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.