PDA

View Full Version : Screen Border on Macbook Cracking

poozer115
Feb 8, 2009, 12:15 AM
Hiya everybody. i have, in the past, had my macbook's palm rest crack. I brought it into apple, and was happy to have it replaced, free of charge. Recently, the plastic cracked again, this time in a new place. The plastic border above the screen; more particularly the area directly above the indents that come out to help separate the screen from the keyboard. I'm not sure if this is covered by Apple's policy with cracked palmrests. Any advice or help is appreciated of course. If you think Apple won't help me, would it be risky to use an adhesive to hold the plastic down, as it's near the screen?

Eidorian
Feb 8, 2009, 12:19 AM
Use your warranty as soon as possible.

poozer115
Feb 8, 2009, 12:21 AM
Use your warranty as soon as possible.That's the problem. I've had my macbook two and a half years, and didn't buying mac care or whatever. I fixed the palm rest with my initial one year warranty, but it's been a long time since then. Does apple do repairs like this for free?

cerealj
Feb 8, 2009, 12:26 AM
You should try getting it replaced, it seems to be a common problem and I've heard of others getting it replaced out of warranty. After all, it's Apple's fault for using cheap plastic.

poozer115
Feb 9, 2009, 12:55 PM
Just thought I'd update everybody. I'm at the apple store right now =), typing this on their 30" ACD as apple fixes my macbook for free! Note, i'm over a year out of warranty. Anyways, I'm a very pleased mac user right now. Though I'd tell everybody my situation so they know too incase their mac's upper screen cracks. Cheers!