Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luis Ortega

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 10, 2007
I use my desktop Mac Pro and its iTunes and iPhoto to do all of my music purchases, iphone games and apps purchases and manage my photos, and have my iphone synched to it, but I am going travelling and will be taking my MBP laptop.
My laptop iTunes/iPhoto has none of my music, iphone games and apps or photos on it so I know that if I connect the iphone to it and try to sync it, it won't work.

I would like to have all of the same music, photos and purchased games moved over to my laptop so that I can use it to keep my iphone synched and also be able to buy additional games and music and be able to update iphone games and apps while I am travelling.

Can anyone please advise me on how to go about getting the same stuff on my laptop so that I can use it to keep my iphone synched while I am travelling?

Thanks for any advice.

jmann

macrumors 604
Wirelessly posted (Jeff's iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

If your phone is jailbroken you can sync two different music or photo libraries. It's easy.

Luis Ortega

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 10, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Jeff's iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

If your phone is jailbroken you can sync two different music or photo libraries. It's easy.

It's not.

DPA

macrumors 65816
Wirelessly posted (David's Black 16GB iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

You don't have to be jailbroken to do this!

Authorize your MBP to the same iTunes account as your Mac Pro. Then connect you iPhone to your MBP and click File>Tranfer Purchases. All apps and media on your iPhone will be transfered to your MBP. If you want to have some songs on your MBP and some not then just delete the ones you don't want.

David

freedevil

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2007
Wirelessly posted (David's Black 16GB iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

You don't have to be jailbroken to do this!

Authorize your MBP to the same iTunes account as your Mac Pro. Then connect you iPhone to your MBP and click File>Tranfer Purchases. All apps and media on your iPhone will be transfered to your MBP. If you want to have some songs on your MBP and some not then just delete the ones you don't want.

David

thanks a lot for the tip

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.