PDA

View Full Version : Connecting New Alu Macbook to VIZIO Television (HDMI)

tmont27
Feb 8, 2009, 08:12 PM
Hey all!

I am looking to connect my new Alu MacBook to my Television. I was just wondering if anyone can help me out as to what cords to buy in order to do that.

Thanks ahead of time!:D

jav6454
Feb 8, 2009, 08:20 PM
Hey all!

I am looking to connect my new Alu MacBook to my Television. I was just wondering if anyone can help me out as to what cords to buy in order to do that.

Thanks ahead of time!:D

Mini-Display > DVI Adapter, then you'd need to buy a DVI > HDMI cable from your local electronic store or Radio Shack. Length depends on how long you want it.

Also, you will need an extra audio cable from 3.5mm opening to a Stereo (Red/White) connection.

When you convert your signal from Mini-Display to DVI, you will loose sound, that's why.

tmont27
Feb 8, 2009, 08:24 PM
Mini-Display > DVI Adapter, then you'd need to buy a DVI > HDMI cable from your local electronic store or Radio Shack. Length depends on how long you want it.

Also, you will need an extra audio cable from 3.5mm opening to a Stereo (Red/White) connection.

When you convert your signal from Mini-Display to DVI, you will loose sound, that's why.

Thanks so much!

tmont27
Feb 8, 2009, 08:40 PM

Is it possible to use a mini-DVI > DVI and then DVI > HDMI cable?

jav6454
Feb 8, 2009, 08:42 PM
Is it possible to use a mini-DVI > DVI and then DVI > HDMI cable?

Nop.

Reason is all new Al MacBooks carry the Mini-Display port and have lost the Mini-DVI port. So now, you need to buy a Mini-Display > DVI adapter from Apple or someone else.