Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

5et

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
how do i manage to update a package and it shows as an available update on cydia?

5et

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
1. Follow steps 1 & 2 of this guide: http://www.saurik.com/id/7 (which was the first result for Googling "cydia repository", please search next time).
2. Contact the owner of the repository you'd like your package to appear in.

For future reference, this is a programming forum (says so up there in the title); for these sorts of topics please post in the iPhone Hacks forum: https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/105/

It isn't answer on my question.

I have one repository with one version than I replace on another, but it doesn't help. Cydia doesn't show that new version available.

jnic

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2008
Cambridge
This is the right forum for him. He is talking about hosting his app and updating it. Maybe he is going the jailbreak route instead of the iTunes route, but its still iPhone programming.

I disagree. This forum is for topics relating to the iPhone SDK (that being the subtitle of the forum in its listing), whereas the subtitle for iPhone Hacks is "Jailbreak, Activation, Hacks". If he's going the "jailbreak route" as you say, then he'll get better responses in the jailbreak forum.

As has been established several times already, we're not generally as knowledgeable about topics outside of SDK dev, so off-topic questions tend to go unanswered.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
If you don't know the answer to his question, then just leave his thread be. If you want to get all technical, the toolchain is still an SDK. So it would still pertain to the sub-forums description. The hacks section is more suited towards how to hack, not how to program for hacks. You are just jumping all over him because under his name it says "newbie."

jnic

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2008
Cambridge
It isn't answer on my question.

I have one repository with one version than I replace on another, but it doesn't help. Cydia doesn't show that new version available.

Did you remember to update the version number of your app? Otherwise Cydia won't pick it up when it updates its database.

5et

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
of course, I update inner version of application and version in control file

after I installed application from Cydia I show button with text Install again, but on another application I can view sometimes text Modify

Maybe it is also can help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.