Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i_never_existed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
at the moment... Chile
Ok, so I just thought that seeing as though the iphone was for h.264 formats, that that is all I had to do.

I just want to throw a few home movies onto a dreamweaver made webpage.

I open visualhub, select my .mov, and click the MP4 tab and click h.264 format.

I then open dreamweaver, and place the said movie into a page...

It works on the mac, I can see it working fine in safari... but on the iphone I see a broken icon.

What step am I missing.

I just want to have something dailymotion like....

any hints??

Darwin

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2003
round the corner
Not just any H.264 video is going to work, you need to ensure that your video follows the rules for iPhone playback:

Video formats supported: H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

So long as the resolution and data rate are set correctly you need to make sure that you set the encode to the Baseline Profile.

I'm not familiar with Visual hub, shouldn't it have a iPhone/iPod encode option?

i_never_existed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
at the moment... Chile
Not just any H.264 video is going to work, you need to ensure that your video follows the rules for iPhone playback:

So long as the resolution and data rate are set correctly you need to make sure that you set the encode to the Baseline Profile.

I'm not familiar with Visual hub, shouldn't it have a iPhone/iPod encode option?

Well, yes it does... and I thought that is EXACTLY what I did.... but maybe visualhub isn't the way to go.

Ok, lets go about this another way. I open quicktime on my mac, and record a 30 second movie.... can I direct from quicktime Pro save this for my needs?

i_never_existed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
at the moment... Chile
Well, yes it does... and I thought that is EXACTLY what I did.... but maybe visualhub isn't the way to go.

Ok, lets go about this another way. I open quicktime on my mac, and record a 30 second movie.... can I direct from quicktime Pro save this for my needs?

I GOT IT!!!!

you know when you just figure something out by yourself that has been driving you nuts for so long... Well, it just hit me.

Forget youtube and all those.... I can do it my bloody self now.

I am one really happy chappy!!!

I figured it out YEAH!

Sorry... compose myself!!!

Thanks for the tip... I think you may have pushed me into the correct way of thinking. I can save from quicktime Pro, straight into export for web... then taking my new iphone format, simply ftp onto my server.... put a link to the video on my sites page.. and done!

My iphone, once hitting the link, opens the video wonderfully (just like dailymotion!!) jajjajajaajajajaj NICE ONE SON!

Darwin

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2003
round the corner
Glad to hear your problem is solved :)

The Export for Web should be a better option for your video, allowing you to view it both on cellular and wifi networks.

Odd that the Visual hub was unsuccessful if you say that there was in fact a profile for the iPhone. Well I guess thats another question :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.