PDA

View Full Version : What Was Your First Camera?

Capt Underpants
Mar 20, 2004, 02:44 PM
Well, my current camera is also my first. I bought a Powershot S45 last April. It has served me well, but I am hoping it will be replaced soon.

What was your first camera?

Horrortaxi
Mar 20, 2004, 03:55 PM
I had some old pos that used 110--no, it wasn't 110--it was a cartrigde like 110 but it was much wider. Anyway, that was my first camera back in about 1976. You never give a 4 year old a nice camera.

I'm thinking about a digital rebel now.

adamjay
Mar 20, 2004, 04:41 PM
Pentax K-1000 with a 50mm f/2.0 lense
the ULTIMATE first camera

evoluzione
Mar 20, 2004, 04:41 PM
i think i had a camera when i was tiny, but i threw it down the stairs and it broke :( probably wasn't a real one anyways. first one i really remember was one of them slim 110 things, with the flash cube haha. used to take that with me on school field trips. since then i've had a ricoh 35mm point and shoot thingy that my Dad brought back from Japan in the early 80s and i still have it, it's all i have unfortunately, must've taken about 20 rolls in my life with it, could never justify the cost of the film, and then the processing on top of it...just trying to save up for a DSLR :D (which i know will make not only me happy...)

bousozoku
Mar 20, 2004, 05:00 PM
The one of the left on this web page:

http://members.aol.com/Chuck02178/27.htm

Big black and white film, a flash that takes bulbs and batteries (B!) no longer available, and an upside down image in the viewfinder--heaven--well, maybe not.

Angelus
Mar 20, 2004, 05:24 PM
Minolta 7Hi.
Bought it last summer.
Really love it, in fact the photography society in university is the only society i've managed full attendance in. We had an exhibition a few weeks ago so i got to show off some of my pictures.

Capt Underpants
Mar 20, 2004, 05:36 PM
I'm thinking about a digital rebel now.

I, too, am thinking about a DSLR. It'll be (A) Nikon D70 (B) Canon Digital Rebel or (C) keep my life savings. My buying urges lead me different ways everyday. Just can't make up my mind. I guess im kind of cheap, though.... Not wanting to spend my money and all. Can't wait till im old enough to get a job.

Alte22a
Mar 20, 2004, 05:45 PM
Well my first camera was a Pratrika BC1, that was back in 1986 I think. That was sold some years later. Since then I've own an assortment of cameras. Now I own a pair of fuji 680s gx III with 6 lens (Which I sold a Mamiya 7ii for and which I sold a Hassblad 503 for), A pair of Minoltas (800si and 700si) contax G2 and TVS II.

Actually last week My girlfriend got me my first digital camera Sony dcs-f828. I still think that the good old fashion film is the best.

bousozoku
Mar 20, 2004, 05:47 PM
I, too, am thinking about a DSLR. It'll be (A) Nikon D70 (B) Canon Digital Rebel or (C) keep my life savings. My buying urges lead me different ways everyday. Just can't make up my mind. I guess im kind of cheap, though.... Not wanting to spend my money and all. Can't wait till im old enough to get a job.

While the Digital Rebel is nicely priced, you can tell immediately that it's not well made and probably won't last. I think the Nikon D70 will be much more substantial since it's rarer for Nikon to compromise.

djbahdow01
Mar 20, 2004, 06:50 PM
The first camera i used religiously when i was about 12 or so was a Pentax SLR, not sure what model number but my dad loved it so much that when he was looking for another camera last year he got another late model manual focus and aperature Pentax. The first camera i owned and have used very much is a Canon Rebel G with two lenses. I have taken all but a few of the pictures on my website (http://www.atlanticexpressinc.com) with that camera. My next camera will be a DSLR and i am thinking about the Nikon D70 as it has the features that i would need for sports photography. This will be my next purchase after i buy my first Apple product in the G5, which will set me back quite a few pennies. The Nikon seems to have very good reviews from professional cameramen that got the opportunity to see it before it has been released for sale.

JDar
Mar 21, 2004, 01:02 PM
Well, my current camera is also my first. I bought a Powershot S45 last April. It has served me well, but I am hoping it will be replaced soon.

What was your first camera?

After a couple of old family box cameras I bought a used Kodak Retina II. It still performs. Got flash sync added to it and used it for years. Now it sits as part of an old camera collection probably worth about nothing.

Chip NoVaMac
Mar 21, 2004, 01:37 PM
My first was a Petri FT back in 1973 I think. First digital was a kodak that looked a pair of binoculars....

eyelikeart
Mar 21, 2004, 09:54 PM
I believe my first was also one of those 110 jobs. Piece of crap really, but it was fun to know it was my own. :D

My first real camera was a 1976 Minolta XE-5, fully manual 35mm that I inherited from my dad back in '97. I only used it for a short time though, but still have it today.

About 3 years later I picked up a Polaroid to play around with (I won't mention the intent of it though, ;) ). Soon after that, I got a sweet deal on a Kodak 4100ix APS camera. It was with this one that I started to develop an interest in taking photos on vacations & of friends mostly.

In March '02, I went out & bought a Nikon N65 35mm. My N65 was what brought to my attention that I had a halfway decent eye (no pun intended) for photography.

In August '02, I sold off the N65 & bought a Minolta Dimage 7i. I learned a lot with that camera, and even got to use it for work purposes.

About a year after I got the Dimage 7i, I sold it to Backtothemac & bought a Nikon D100. I made the decision to invest in professional grade equipment, mostly because this "hobby" had turned into much more than I'd ever though imaginable.

Later this year I plan to buy a second DSLR body, hopefully the replacement to the D100, the D200. :D

voicegy
Mar 21, 2004, 10:19 PM
My first camera was the Pocket Instamatic by Kodak, with a Magicube socket and extender, designed to reduce the risk of 'red-eye'. When these came out, they were sooooooo James Bond.

voicegy
Mar 21, 2004, 10:23 PM
My second camera (I really loved this thing) was a Kodak Instant Camera. Interesting background on this: In January 1986, the Federal District Court in Boston issued an injunction in a lawsuit between Polaroid Corporation and Eastman Kodak Company which prohibited Kodak from continuing to sell instant cameras and film. Full story if interested: http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/faqs/faq0098.shtml

haiggy
Mar 21, 2004, 11:02 PM
Canon PowerShot S30 - still serves me well, not sure I'll replace it but a very nice camera. I like the metal as opposed to the plastic in some Kodak models, etc. It's coolness factor reminds me of Apple products.

Nermal
Mar 22, 2004, 01:06 AM
One of those cheap Kodak disposables. Go ahead and laugh.

Horrortaxi
Mar 22, 2004, 01:07 AM
While the Digital Rebel is nicely priced, you can tell immediately that it's not well made and probably won't last. I think the Nikon D70 will be much more substantial since it's rarer for Nikon to compromise.

I'm going to be patient. I like the price of some of these models but since it's technology it can only get better. I'm interested to see where this 4/3 standard goes as well so I'll try to wait a couple years.

The price is tempting though.

neut
Mar 22, 2004, 10:34 PM
cartridge based camera from the early eighties. had it for a few years... i don't think i have any photos from that thing anymore.

i used to think that thing was the ****. kid with his camera.

peace.

KC9AIC
Mar 22, 2004, 11:11 PM
My first Camera was an Olympus 360L. I paid about $450 for it, and it was 1.3 megapixel, big and heavy, and didn't have any optical zoom. Then I lost it (or it was stolen) last summer in either Texas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Michigan, or Indiana. That really narrows it down. :(

bousozoku
Mar 23, 2004, 12:38 AM
I'm going to be patient. I like the price of some of these models but since it's technology it can only get better. I'm interested to see where this 4/3 standard goes as well so I'll try to wait a couple years.

The price is tempting though.

Supposedly, Olympus will have a 4/3 camera to compete with the Digital Rebel and D70 this year. I suppose I should have waited.

5300cs
Mar 27, 2004, 09:02 AM
My mother bought me a Carena 35mm camera when I was about 10 I think, that was my first camera. I've since used a Rolei, the ever-popular Pentax K-1000 and a 110mm Pentax (I love 110 cartridge film.)

As for digital cameras:
Olympus C720-UZ (sucked so I sold it.)
FinePix 1700Z
FinePix 50i
FinePix S304
FinePix S602
and FinePix S1 Pro (current main camera)

bousozoku
Mar 27, 2004, 10:00 AM
My mother bought me a Carena 35mm camera when I was about 10 I think, that was my first camera. I've since used a Rolei, the ever-popular Pentax K-1000 and a 110mm Pentax (I love 110 cartridge film.)

As for digital cameras:
Olympus C720-UZ (sucked so I sold it.)
FinePix 1700Z
FinePix 50i
FinePix S304
FinePix S602
and FinePix S1 Pro (current main camera)

Was the 110 camera the Pentax 110 SLR?

Kingsnapped
Mar 27, 2004, 10:20 AM
My first real camera (beyond little crappy plastic ones) was a Nikon Zoom-Touch 800. My dad found it atop a car in a parking lot and after 90 days in the lost and found... it was mine. After that, I graduated to a Nikon FE5 (I think) SLR and bought a tiny little Cybershot-U for when I can't carry around a 8 pound camera bag.

5300cs
Mar 27, 2004, 10:23 AM
Was the 110 camera the Pentax 110 SLR?

I think so .. it says Pentax Auto 110 on it. It's really small.

bousozoku
Mar 27, 2004, 10:58 AM
I think so .. it says Pentax Auto 110 on it. It's really small.

That sounds right. I sold a few of those when they were new. It took really amazing photos considering the size of the negative. The controls were a bit small, though. Still, being able to carry an SLR and all its accessories and lenses in one pocket had value.

Sweetfeld28
Mar 27, 2004, 11:16 AM
The first camera that i used for photography was a Nikon N90s. I currently use a Nikon Coolpix 2500 for some digital photography.

5300cs
Mar 27, 2004, 03:27 PM
...being able to carry an SLR and all its accessories and lenses in one pocket had value...

That, and that 110 film was just drop in and shoot. I had a bunch of bad experiences with 35mm film cameras and the film not catching and advancing properly. When I first got it, it was a miracle :)

How much was it new, by the way?

Dstreelm
Mar 28, 2004, 05:48 PM
i had one of those little 110's toobut that was forever ago...in high school, i moved up to a Canon AE-1 that i jacked from my dad(he wasnt using it) then about a year ago i got my Minolta DiMage 7Hi... its a 5mp with a 7x optical zoom, ive been very happy with it.

bousozoku
Mar 28, 2004, 06:44 PM
That, and that 110 film was just drop in and shoot. I had a bunch of bad experiences with 35mm film cameras and the film not catching and advancing properly. When I first got it, it was a miracle :)

How much was it new, by the way?

It was slick. I believe we sold it for $249 by itself and $329 for the kit including all the lenses.

iMeowbot
Mar 28, 2004, 07:27 PM
The one of the left on this web page:

http://members.aol.com/Chuck02178/27.htm

Big black and white film, a flash that takes bulbs and batteries (B!) no longer available, and an upside down image in the viewfinder--heaven--well, maybe not.

Yeah, the old box cameras are a lot of fun, provided you can find film for them. The first I had was this one: http://homepage.mac.com/mattdenton/photo/cameras/agfa_cadet.html. (Maybe a bit confusing, but that's not the same Agfa that exists today, rather it's the company that became GAF and was better known for Viewmasters. There was an asset seizure after WWI.)

davebl
Mar 28, 2004, 09:20 PM
1st actual purchased camera: Canon Powershot Elph S200

I currently use a Nikon Coolpix 5700, but the Elph's still rock.

5300cs
Mar 30, 2004, 08:22 AM
Just to make sure we're talking about the same camera, it's this little guy. Right? (Took the image off of Google image search.)

bousozoku
Mar 30, 2004, 08:56 AM
Just to make sure we're talking about the same camera, it's this little guy. Right? (Took the image off of Google image search.)

That's the one. :)

SkyBell
Mar 25, 2007, 11:19 AM
Cheap little camera made for kids.

But it actually worked for a while.. I can't remember what it was called, but it was multi-colored blue and yellow and red

.It was purty....:D

psycoswimmer
Mar 25, 2007, 11:23 AM
I'd always see my mom taking pictures, and she wouldn't let me "waste" her flim. :o

So, for my 6th birthday, I got this teal-green film camera. I was so excited... it was a real camera, not a disposable one. Well I used up the film in a day, (as I was so excited and hyper with it) and my mom wouldn't buy me film for a while after that. Most of my pictures were absolutely horrible (like taking a picture of the wall).

FF_productions
Mar 25, 2007, 11:24 AM
Cheap little camera made for kids.

But it actually worked for a while.. I can't remember what it was called, but it was multi-colored blue and yellow and red

.It was purty....:D

Lol it took 3 years for someone to reply to this thread

psycoswimmer
Mar 25, 2007, 11:28 AM
Lol it took 3 years for someone to reply to this thread

Woahh. I just noticed that. :) I wasn't even here when this thread started.

fuzzwud
Mar 25, 2007, 11:48 AM
Nikon FE

skunk
Mar 25, 2007, 11:50 AM
Kodak Instamatic, and on the digital front, a QuickTake 100.

Blue Velvet
Mar 25, 2007, 11:59 AM
Box Brownie. I loved it... fixed-focus rangefinder with upside-down images in the viewer. Rolls of black and white 620 (?) film...

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

GoCubsGo
Mar 25, 2007, 12:07 PM
I had a Vivitar 110 and an Oly SLR. I took the Oly apart one day, I've regretted that ever sense. I didn't know what I had.

daneoni
Mar 25, 2007, 12:14 PM
First family camera was one of those polaroid thingys. First personal camera was/is a Sony DSC T3 (Black).

I'd like a new camera....the Exilim lines are tempting but can't justify it because the Sony still works like a champ.

joepunk
Mar 25, 2007, 12:17 PM
I think my first camera was either a red generic cheap film camera or one that had a square rotating flash that had to be replaced.

After that I used (and still have) a Minolta hi-matic af2 38mm

Current cameras: the one above, a Nikon EM, Nikon L3, and a minox spy camera

SMM
Mar 25, 2007, 12:17 PM
Nikon F 55mm F/1.2
Asahi Pentax Spotmatic II 55mm F/1.4, 85-210mm zoom

siurpeeman
Mar 25, 2007, 12:56 PM
it was a non-digital minolta slr, a hand-me-down from my sister. she gave it to me so that i could use it for a journalism competition in high school. i filled in for a photographer who couldn't make it, and i didn't really know what i was doing, taking pictures of this and that. so it was funny that the picture i took won first place in southern california. fond memories.

FrankBlack
Mar 25, 2007, 03:07 PM
The first camera that I every bought with money I earned myself? That would be a Polaroid Swinger. See the Ad. (http://www.tvparty.com/g2c/swinger00.ram)

It only took small, black and white photos, and you had to coat each picture with the coating squeegee that came packaged with the film. If you didn't, they'd fade quickly.

Oh yes, the young woman in the commercial, with the great legs,,,, Uh yes, that would be Ali MacGraw. Amazing, isn't it?

silbeej
Mar 25, 2007, 05:15 PM
First camera ever was a Yashica FX-2 with no electronics. The light meter was busted, so i had to make all my f stop settings and shutter speed adjustments by eye. (had around a 95% success rate) Then i had a Yashica FX-3 Super 2000, and now a Nikon D50.

wizwaz3
Mar 25, 2007, 07:53 PM
My very first camera was a point and shoot polariod. My first digital camera was a cheesy 2.0 MP camera with absolutely no quality. My current camera is a Kodak EasyShare Z760 6 MP digital. I love it. :-)

rhoydotp
Mar 25, 2007, 09:14 PM
Nikon FE

i used a friends fe then eventually bought myself an fm2n. have been a happy user of a d50 for 2 years!

praterkeith
Mar 25, 2007, 09:15 PM
my first camera was an old Minolta xg-7 I got off ebay. i now use a Pentax DSLR. its a beast!

CanadaRAM
Mar 25, 2007, 11:08 PM
Box Brownie. I loved it... fixed-focus rangefinder with upside-down images in the viewer. Rolls of black and white 620 (?) film...

Heh. Me too. My Dad paid $5 for it and I paid the tax.

djstarrock
Mar 26, 2007, 04:26 PM
Those were the days.

timerollson
Mar 26, 2007, 10:24 PM
Kodak CX7310, which sucked.

Now, I'm using a Canon SD630.

NickElls
Mar 27, 2007, 04:16 PM
I had some sort of Kodak for Kids camera. Don't remember what it was called, though.

I do remember that it took odd film, and had a thing you could stick to it to apply filters.

jamesW135
Apr 19, 2007, 07:00 PM
I had some sort of Kodak for Kids camera. Don't remember what it was called, though.

I do remember that it took odd film, and had a thing you could stick to it to apply filters.

From what I know it takes 110 cartridges.

macquariumguy
Apr 19, 2007, 08:52 PM
I imagine it looked a lot like this (http://sarasotadetail.com/gallery2/d/7994-2/CRD00302.jpg).

NickElls
Apr 19, 2007, 09:20 PM
I imagine it looked a lot like this (http://sarasotadetail.com/gallery2/d/7994-2/CRD00302.jpg).

No, it looked like this:

EvryDayImShufln
Apr 19, 2007, 10:11 PM
http://www.digital-cameras.com/pic/300x300/14/71/nikon_d200_1755mm_lens_kit_2391.jpg

Nah im just kidding but my dad just got this, and I'm eager to test it out when my exams are over.

840quadra
Apr 19, 2007, 10:14 PM
A disposible!

But my first actual camera was a Fujifilm Dx-10 digital camera. It was only .75 Megapixel, but took good pictures for what it was.

Hard to believe that I have a Pro1 and a 30d currently. How times change!

http://images.ciao.com/iuk/images/products/normal/530/Fujifilm_DX_10_Digital_Camera__2530.jpg

Simple design, but I was surprised that it was later copied (adding zoom) by much more expensive cameras (though also more thin).

ryannel2003
Apr 20, 2007, 03:51 PM
My first camera was (and still is) a Canon PowerShot A400 (Lime). An excellent camera, even though its a little old compared todays cameras (3.2MP, 2.2X Optical Zoom) Still takes great pictures, but I plan on upgrading to a new camera sometime late this year.

chadi
Apr 26, 2007, 11:55 PM
I've had a bunch of film camera's over the years, starting with 35mm ones in the early 90's...all junk really :)

First digital was a Canon Powershot G2 when it first came out, sold that to a friend of mine about a year and a bit ago and bought a Canon Rebel XT bare body and the 17-85mm EF-S lens. I'm rather happy with it.

I'd take a picture of it but umm...ya...it's my only camera at the moment :)

I'm considering that waterproof olympus point and shoot for kayaking http://www.olympuscanada.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1287 that one...it's either that or get a waterproof casing for my DSLR which will cost about 2x as much and be about 5x less portable (I can picture myself now fumbling around with it while I'm in the kayak...) Anyone have one of those? Love to hear a review before I buy one :)

miloblithe
Apr 27, 2007, 12:13 AM
I had a Polaroid instant camera of some sort, around 1980. Then after I lost my mother's Nikormat FTN (I think), I bought a Nikon N2000 to replace it. Then my brother bought me a fully manual Ricoh.

iBookG4user
Apr 27, 2007, 12:17 AM
I'm no photographer, so my first camera is also my camcorder. (I'm not counting my camera phone) It's an Aiptek MPVR, it has a built-in 7.4mm F3.0 lens. It gets the job done for my light photography purposes.

juanster
Apr 27, 2007, 12:25 AM
it was baaaack in the day,,, I ws a little kid and still lived in Colombia, my aunt brought me a vivitar camera, it is still somewhere around, you know those elongated ones and the film was liek a little 110 cartridge...and it was purpleeee..

Mike Teezie
Apr 27, 2007, 12:25 AM
We always had decent SLRs around the house growing up, and I shot medium format at work and school. But technically my first camera was a Digital Rebel XT.

Now I have a couple of 5D's.

thr33face
Apr 27, 2007, 03:39 AM
over the last 6 or 7 years i have taken a huge amount of pictures, yet did not have a camera of my own. i always borrowed them from friends and family. i can only guess the number of different cameras i used in that timespan, got to be somewhere around 40 cameras, of all the manufacturers you can think of. i'm talking digital and analog here.

some highlights (as in, i can remember those): Fujica AX-1, Canon EOS 300, Sony DSC-P9, Canon EOS 350D, Kodak DX 7630, Konica Minolta Dimage X50.

The borrowing has ended now, as i got myself a Nikon D40 in February.

Trogloxene
Apr 27, 2007, 03:47 AM
My first camera was the original Apple Digital Camera and it totally sucked.

-T

juanm
Apr 27, 2007, 04:44 AM
1- Nikon F80 (N80)
2- Nikon D2x
3- Nikon F601 (N6006, I think)
4- Nikon D200

I think my favourite is still in some ways the F80

TheJayWay
Apr 27, 2007, 05:42 PM
My first camera ever was some POS 110 film camera...I think I threw it in the garbage when I was cleaning my house a couple of years back. Bought a Canon Digital Elph S200 about 5 years ago, unfortunately my cat though it was a nice toy and batted it off the kitchen table about a year ago. It worked after that, but you had to tape the CF card door close. I just recently sent it off to my brother to have since they don't have a digital at all and the grandmother wants baby pictures. I've since rewarded myself with a Canon A630. It's not the most amazing camera, but I like the 8.0 MP and it does what I need it to.

spencers
Jun 13, 2008, 01:29 AM
Quicktake 200
No Joke.
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7779/691pxquicktake200frontwe6.jpg

Dagless
Jun 13, 2008, 03:27 AM
Canon EOS 350D. Thought I should get a camera, so I went for a very expensive one :D

But seriously I only bought it because photography was added to our curriculum. We could either buy our own digital SLRs or use the college's old, film ones. Which we had to process ourselves. I hated that process. I'm used to digital, where you take the photo and there it is. Not spending an hour or so transferring the film to that cylinder thing in the dark, slushing chemicals around and smelling my fingers out with that salt & vinegar chemical mix.

Sweetfeld28
Jun 13, 2008, 10:35 AM
Quicktake 200
No Joke.

I think the first Digital Camera i used, was a Apple QuickTake 150 or maybe a 100. All i can remember is that it was bigger than the one you have pictured.

I used it in my first Graphics class in high school, i was probably in 9th or 10th grade then.

GGJstudios
Jun 13, 2008, 10:53 AM
My first camera! I can't believe I found a pic of it! Brownie Bullet!

Berlepsch
Jun 13, 2008, 11:37 AM
I got my first camera around 1975 - it was an Agfamatic "Ritsch-Ratsch-Klick":

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/1292/18796005md7.jpg

Looking at the pic, I am surprised how modern the design is even for today's standard. It wouldn't look out of place sitting besides my Alu iMac. And it doesn't even need a battery!

contoursvt
Jun 13, 2008, 11:46 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e2/Camera_Kodak_Disc_4000_with_disc_film.jpg/800px-Camera_Kodak_Disc_4000_with_disc_film.jpg

hexonxonx
Jun 13, 2008, 02:04 PM
http://www.ozcamera.com/photo%208/832a.JPGI had one of those as a kid. Took more pictures on that thing than I've taken on any camera since. I believe I was so excited about that camera that I even slept with it beside me a few times. :D

I also had one of those Kodak Disc cameras but they would quit working in a very short amount of time.

Also, currently still have a Sony CD 300 Mavica but in the 7 years I have owned it, I have barely used the thing. Probably because it's rechargeable and I'm too lazy to recharge the thing. I've used my iPhones camera more than the Mavica because the iPhone is always charged.

cloudnine
Jun 14, 2008, 02:52 AM
i can't remember the first regular camera i had... it was some sleek olympus infinity something or other... but i remember my first digital camera like it was yesterday... looking at the thing now, it seems like a brick... hah:

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-PDR-M61-2MP-Digital-Camera/dp/B00005B5DT

oblomow
Jun 14, 2008, 03:36 AM
1. Minox 35 GL
2. Pentax ME Super
3. Powershot S30 (wanted something digital to take photo's of our first kid)
4. Canon 350D
5. Canon 30D

I still have fond memories shooting with the Minox. Very small, very silent
and great photo's (slides actually).

letsgorangers
Jun 14, 2008, 09:56 AM
Aside from disposables and children-specific cameras, I used a Canon AE-1 Program.

http://www.foundphotography.com/PhotoThoughts/Canon_AE1_Program_Front.jpg

First digital (it was not just mine, but for the family). It could store 8 640x480 photos!:
http://www.tedfelix.com/JamCam/jamcam2.jpg

First digital that was mine (though mine was 3.2 mp I think):
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B00008O35Y.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V1068755997_.jpg

Currently own a Digital Rebel XT.

spencers
Jun 14, 2008, 09:29 PM
I think the first Digital Camera i used, was a Apple QuickTake 150 or maybe a 100. All i can remember is that it was bigger than the one you have pictured.

I used it in my first Graphics class in high school, i was probably in 9th or 10th grade then.

A friend of mine had the Quicktake 100.
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/6110/quicktakeko1.jpg
Strange little camera.

poopyhead
Jun 14, 2008, 10:02 PM
a plastic toy polaroid (?) that took real crappy pictures on plastic cartridges that could be washed off and used again. given to me when I was 3 or 4 by my grandma so I would leave her sx-70, which I now own, alone.

cleanup
Jun 14, 2008, 11:25 PM
My current camera is the only one I've ever owned for myself.

Samsung NV8
http://pan.fotovista.com/dev/1/2/00044421/l_00044421.jpg
http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/articles/samsungnv15backside.jpg

I hope to get these two soon:
http://www.foundphotography.com/PhotoThoughts/archives/holga120s.jpg http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/NikonD40/images/Nikon-D40-intro-main-2-400.jpg

jodelli
Jun 15, 2008, 11:54 AM
Kodak Brownie Fiesta as a gift when I was a kid.

First one I bought was a Polaroid Colorpack 200.

jodelli
Jun 19, 2008, 06:10 AM
Kodak Brownie Fiesta as a gift when I was a kid.

First one I bought was a Polaroid Colorpack 200.

Correction. I just ran across this ad on UTube for the Secret Sam spy attache case, which included a working camera.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-l_4xMjZu5g&feature=PlayList&p=DC3E6738FEC14DF9&index=1

juanster
Jun 19, 2008, 10:22 AM
my first camera was a purple vivitar with one of those i can t even rememeber whta tehyr called 115 films? the ones that kinda look like a bow or bone?took awesome pics... i think...lol

Stratification
Jun 19, 2008, 11:50 AM
My first camera was an old Kodak disc camera. Not great pictures, but it got me to looking at things differently.

juanster
Jun 19, 2008, 04:39 PM
lol I'can t believe i found it on the net this was my first camera ever.....

Techguy172
Jun 19, 2008, 05:15 PM
My Sony DSLR-A200

mini/mac
Jun 19, 2008, 05:50 PM
http://www.letsgodigital.org/images/producten/1158/testrapport/samsung_digimax_a503_0A.jpg
Samsung Digimax A503.
Parents bought it for me at a grocery store.. it had digital zoom and sucked up 2 batteries in 10 minutes.

alphaod
Jun 19, 2008, 05:59 PM
My first real digital camera was a Sony CyberShot P1 3.3MP (later they retracted the claim and said it was only 3.2 :()

Don't remember what my first camera was.

tonie
Jun 20, 2008, 04:13 AM
1. Canon A620
2. Canon 30D
3. Canon 5D

hubristol
Jun 22, 2008, 09:38 PM
My first camera was some point & shoot Olympus that I took back the following day because I hated it.

What I consider my first digital camera was a Canon Powershot a80. My first digital cam was a Canon AE-1P. My first dSLR was a Canon EOS-10D.

RITZFit
Jun 22, 2008, 09:45 PM
Quicktake 200
No Joke.

good stuff, I have one of those lying around somewhere!
A Polaroid, mine looked somewhat like this

RITZFit
Jun 22, 2008, 09:46 PM
oops, double post (please delete)

JesLam07
Jun 26, 2008, 12:45 PM
My First Digital Camera was a 4MP Kodak EasyShare CD43. I still have it and was using it a little bit up until recently. It's slowly dying, so it's being replaced with a Black 7MP Nikon CoolPix L16. I only use it for taking random pictures at college and stuff.

I attached a pic of the old one and the new one I'm getting.

macEfan
Jul 1, 2008, 08:27 PM
Sony Digital Still camera.... all of 1.3 mega pixels.... the thing still works and I've probably taken 7,000 or so pictures with it. The quality is still plenty for listing eBay auctions and such. My only complaint is the battery now only lasts about half an hour.

insomniac321123
Jul 1, 2008, 08:30 PM
Besides the disposables i used before I got a real camera. My first was a 6 megapixel canon SD600 that I still use. Hopefully I can retire it soon for a new nikon. I didnt own my own camera for a while, just borrowed the family camera.

slieu92
Jul 13, 2008, 07:27 PM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn183/slieu/DSC01047.jpg

sony dsc-w130 black, and reflected off shiny ipod :apple: