Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bwilky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
Okay, so this just started yesterday. But My fan now is making this really really bad noise, it kinda sounds like the edge of the fan scrapes the outer casing of the fan. It's really loud, and doesn't sound good. Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem is? Should I just take it in.

Bryce

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
Regardless of the cause, a noise like that can't be good. I'd head straight to Apple for help especially when it's under warranty.

Bwilky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
Called Apple, he thought maybe it was a loose screw. I'm going to open up the ram part in the back. Give a look around without touching. Maybe it's a quick fix.

Bryce

Carnivor

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2008
Called Apple, he thought maybe it was a loose screw. I'm going to open up the ram part in the back. Give a look around without touching. Maybe it's a quick fix.

Bryce

mine did this, booked a genius, fan swapout, took about 30mins while i waited, now its so quite its a dream, i did look under the ram cover but all was tight in there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.