PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present! (Part 8)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

courtnej
Mar 28, 2009, 10:36 AM
Well my iMac is a year old but its still an intel based one, thanks for the info will defo get onto that

ayeying
Mar 28, 2009, 10:38 AM
SO Ive noticed a few people have an additional monitor attached to their iMacs - just wondering what connection I need to get to connect an acer monitor to my own iMac - is it the displayport to VGA Adapter?

Also out of interest what do people use their additional monitors for?

I used to have a external 20" display with my system but I resorted back to using "Spaces" in Leopard. While it does have its disadvantages, it is a lot better then just one desktop space available.

I get really anal when I see a bunch of wires on my desk. So I only have 1 power cord (if I'm at the desk) and a wireless receiver for my mouse and it makes me happy.

blairh
Mar 28, 2009, 11:09 AM
inxlee,

what mouse pad is that? how do you like it?

Skorpion24
Mar 28, 2009, 11:38 AM
My setup, sorry for the iPhone quality (:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/Skorpion24/desk.jpg

iMac 24" 2,93Ghz
Logitech Z-5500
Samsung 226 BW
Xbox360
NetGear DG834GT Router
Razer Pro 1.6 with Red Apple Pad
Fabrix Cases for the iPhone 3G

I'm waiting the LG M237WD-PZ for replace the Samsung.

inxlee
Mar 28, 2009, 11:44 AM
inxlee,

what mouse pad is that? how do you like it?

thanks for the comments guys i greatly appreciate them:)

the mousepad is a pro|pad made by razer.

here is the product link

http://www.razerpro.com//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=46

LERsince1991
Mar 28, 2009, 12:13 PM
my recent acquisition:D

********** awesome setup and photography... They look so alive :cool:

pudrums
Mar 28, 2009, 12:19 PM
Do you mean the painting of the dancers or the wall plastered with photos?

I meant the paintings, they are great! Did you paint them or can they be bought anywhere?

LERsince1991
Mar 28, 2009, 12:35 PM
I meant the paintings, they are great! Did you paint them or can they be bought anywhere?

Cheers :P Ya it was for my GCSE art project couple of years ago. You could probably do it relitivly easy. Make some stensils, prime a wooden board then stick the stencils down with some double sided tape. Get some spray paint and spray away. You probably can't see the lines around them in white chalk because they've faded and been wiped off. But theres some white chalk lines flowing around the dancers as a sort of aura and motion lines. Then I stuck the 3 boards onto a bigger board that I primed. I think they took me about 5 hours to do. Oh and for making the stencils I printed of some pictures that I also edited on the computer, Printed them onto ascitate paper (clear plastic) and projected them onto large card, hand drawn the edges from the projection then cut it out.

Good luck :P

blairh
Mar 28, 2009, 12:56 PM
inxlee,

thanks for the link. i love that pad. i might get it.

uplusd
Mar 28, 2009, 01:00 PM

iMac 24" 2,93Ghz
Logitech Z-5500
Samsung 226 BW
Xbox360
NetGear DG834GT Router

Can you tell me how you fit the center channel behind the iMac screen? Did you just remove the legs?

Skorpion24
Mar 28, 2009, 01:54 PM
Yes I've removed the legs ;)

DeusInvictus7
Mar 28, 2009, 02:16 PM
my recent acquisition:D

snip awesome pics

How do you like that mouse? It's essentially a diamondback, just white right? And also, how do you like the Pro|Pad?

Sweet setup btw.

Wiredrawn
Mar 28, 2009, 02:16 PM
Cheers, cool, A2 product design is the best :P
Theres one thing building a bass but you didn't design it? ...
Did you buy a kit or work all the wood yourself? Thing is I don't know where you can get marks for just 'building' something, not designing it and no innovation. Don't want to put you down btw, I'm just curious.

Yup, I'm going to uni to study architecture because its the most challenging design course availiable. At the moment it looks as though I may be going to Nottingham Trent but I haven't accepted anything yet. What about you?

I need to get myself a dslr but I probs can't afford it unless I get a scholarship that I've applied to. Up to Ģ10500 a year :P fingers crossed, I think I have to do soem presentations to some companies that may decide to sponsor me... I'm not good at presentations.

No offence taken! I can see where you're coming from.
In terms of design, I have pretty severe back problems from playing bass, I now have an unnatural curve in my spine. I needed a bass that looked the business and I could play on stage (I'm semi-professional), so went for the standard looking jazz bass design, but actually this bass is about 60%-70% lighter than my standard jazz bass, as well as a shifted centre of gravity that'll will prevent my spine from curving when I play, as well as a few other features that I can't really list for fear of turning this into an essay, haha. It doesn't look innovative, but a lot of work went in to this. And, it sounds amazing. :cool:

And no, it wasn't a kit, I worked all the wood myself.

Nice, looking at Coventry and Bristol at the moment for Product/Industrial design, but like yourself, haven't accepted any offers. Good luck with the Scholarship!

Supa_Fly
Mar 28, 2009, 03:44 PM
Wow ... some great pics of old & still useful equipment on the last page.

I actually am still impressed that my old 3400C connected to a Spectre 11" LCD (VGA) without any driver junk or hesitation back in 1999.

aaquib
Mar 28, 2009, 05:04 PM

iMac 24" 2,93Ghz
Logitech Z-5500
Samsung 226 BW
Xbox360
NetGear DG834GT Router

Just wondering...Where do you hide the other 2 speakers?

Skorpion24
Mar 28, 2009, 05:18 PM
behind? :rolleyes:

KoL
Mar 28, 2009, 08:45 PM
Here my Mac Pro and PC.
Need to replace my crappy desks.

NRose8989
Mar 28, 2009, 09:13 PM
Here my Mac Pro and PC.

Thats a sweet set-up there.

What does it look like behind the desk?

I've never seen such a clean setup that has two desktops on it.

BTW How is the HP Media Smart? I'm thinking about getting one.

albarran9
Mar 28, 2009, 09:35 PM
Here my Mac Pro and PC.

I have that exact mac pro set up including the samsung 2053bw's :D

Krovem
Mar 28, 2009, 09:40 PM
IKEA has some nice stuff. I will be posting my set up soon.

Anyone could suggest interesting/coo/contemporary lamp for desk?

Also nice chair not very expensive but quality.

Thanks

CrazyScott
Mar 28, 2009, 09:58 PM
Here is my Setup:

It includes My Macbook Pro, Hackint0sh(left), and my Windows PC(right)
Its nothing special but it certainly does the trick.

http://i42.tinypic.com/16ljivq.jpg

iMpathetic
Mar 28, 2009, 10:03 PM
"nothing special but it does the trick"

It is something special for sure.

How are you liking the Cosmos/Stacker? (can't tell)

CrazyScott
Mar 28, 2009, 10:09 PM
Yea its a cosmos. I love it, its by far the best chassis i've owned

richard.mac
Mar 28, 2009, 10:12 PM
Here my Mac Pro and PC.

your Mac's desktop looks a little bit 'brighter' or 'washed out' than you PC's desktop as it is using 1.8 gamma which is OS X's default. if you change it to 2.2 gamma in Calibration Assistant which is the Windows default it will match your PC's desktop.

supposedly Snow Leopard will have 2.2 gamma which is great as it looks better, more vibrant and will match all the other PC screens as a standard.

SkyBell
Mar 28, 2009, 10:12 PM
Well,it took forever for me me to get this picture, but finally, here is my eMac. :)
Specs: 1.42 GHz G4, 512 MB RAM (Will hopefully get 2 GB in the future) 80 GB HDD, 10.4.11
http://img.skitch.com/20090329-dfs6rw719a7nwwgik9rukrrkx6.preview.jpg (http://skitch.com/cassifire/bj3r1/2008-0403aa)
Click for full size (http://skitch.com/cassifire/bj3r1/2008-0403aa) - Uploaded with plasq (http://plasq.com)'s Skitch (http://skitch.com)

KoL
Mar 28, 2009, 11:56 PM
Thats a sweet set-up there.

What does it look like behind the desk?

I've never seen such a clean setup that has two desktops on it.

BTW How is the HP Media Smart? I'm thinking about getting one.
Behind? a little mess hehe.
I usually have keep my desk clean. Maybe you will see some papers and TV controller. I dont like to have a lot of things in it.

Love the HP Media Smart. Ive been using with my PC since last year and is great. Looking forward to the update with Mac support.

I have that exact mac pro set up including the samsung 2053bw's

They looks nice together right? :)

your Mac's desktop looks a little bit 'brighter' or 'washed out' than you PC's desktop as it is using 1.8 gamma which is OS X's default. if you change it to 2.2 gamma in Calibration Assistant which is the Windows default it will match your PC's desktop.

supposedly Snow Leopard will have 2.2 gamma which is great as it looks better, more vibrant and will match all the other PC screens as a standard.

Im using 2.2 gamma but the light was infront of the Mac displays so I think that is why it looks like that.

silbeej
Mar 29, 2009, 12:09 AM
Re-arranged my set-up...

BTW...

Dell 22" in portrait mode + MacRumors.com + the "green button" == Awesome!!! I can read an entire thread without ever scrolling!!!!

&

Teleport + two Macs == Awesome!!!

Colored dots wallpaper por favor!

cleanup
Mar 29, 2009, 12:28 AM
Here my Mac Pro and PC.

KoL! You're quite the legend in the skinning world. :)

Nice setup, by the way.

inxlee
Mar 29, 2009, 12:33 AM
How do you like that mouse? It's essentially a diamondback, just white right? And also, how do you like the Pro|Pad?

Sweet setup btw.

yep essentially a diamondback in white. the pro|pad is also essentially a razer exactmat in white. and they are a joy to use.:) i guarantee you!

inxlee,

thanks for the link. i love that pad. i might get it.

sure np:) im new here too!

********** awesome setup and photography... They look so alive :cool:

Thanks man!:)

richard.mac
Mar 29, 2009, 12:34 AM
Behind? a little mess hehe.
I usually have keep my desk clean. Maybe you will see some papers and TV controller. I dont like to have a lot of things in it.

Love the HP Media Smart. Ive been using with my PC since last year and is great. Looking forward to the update with Mac support.

They looks nice together right? :)

Im using 2.2 gamma but the light was infront of the Mac displays so I think that is why it looks like that.

hehe :o:D

KoL
Mar 29, 2009, 12:52 AM
KoL! You're quite the legend in the skinning world. :)

Nice setup, by the way.

Thanks man :)

Anton-Anton
Mar 29, 2009, 04:50 AM
Here is mine:

2,4ghz macbook pro
Altec Lansing mx5021 speakers
Ipod classic 80gb with cover
Some old logitech mouse with a ball (my gaming mouse is weird in osx)

I dont live at home right now, but when i come home i will buy:

24" monitor
Logitech VX revolution
and a midi keyboard.

eeeaddict
Mar 29, 2009, 06:36 AM
Here my Mac Pro and PC.

Amazing setup I love dual monitors, do you have a link to the wallpaper?

blenng
Mar 29, 2009, 06:46 AM
Well,it took forever for me me to get this picture, but finally, here is my eMac. :)
Specs: 1.42 GHz G4, 512 MB RAM (Will hopefully get 2 GB in the future) 80 GB HDD, 10.4.11

I love your 'old' macs!

iMpathetic
Mar 29, 2009, 07:13 AM
I love your 'old' macs!

I do too.

I don't know if any of you guys remember, but a year or so ago, I posted a picture of me with my 20 or so Pismos, Wallstreets, Clamshells, and 1400c's.

I'll try to find it.

LERsince1991
Mar 29, 2009, 07:49 AM
No offence taken! I can see where you're coming from.....

Nice, looking at Coventry and Bristol at the moment for Product/Industrial design, but like yourself, haven't accepted any offers. Good luck with the Scholarship!

Ahhh! Sounds like a really good design project! Ya, its easy to get carried away when explaining your product... I offen write small essays :P

Sounds like a lot of good work has gone into the bass and looks cool :P I remember a couple of years ago at my college someone built a see through guitar with a amp and speaker in. I was going to build a guitar too as I play but wanted something different.

Good luck with your Product/Industrial Design course, That was my second option with furniture design... I will always keep designing product and furniture though, just because I'm going to do architecture doesn't mean I have to stick to it :) The chances are I won't get the scholarship but I can always hope :P

KoL
Mar 29, 2009, 09:56 AM
Amazing setup I love dual monitors, do you have a link to the wallpaper?

Thanks
Here in my dA gallery - http://-kol.deviantart.com/art/Bokeh-116165739

penningtonj
Mar 29, 2009, 05:48 PM
I emailed the developers about their service and asked them how could I use it to sync files between multiple macs.

They replied and said that at the moment they don't have that ability but they said that they are working on a iPhone app that will sync with your dropbox and that they will also try to use that same code to give us the ability to sync between multiple macs as well.

So hopefully they get it working and I can really start using Dropbox.

That is odd, I use this program right now sync between my macbook pro, my home iMac, and my office iMac. Been using for a while without any problem. Just go to the website and check it out, it explains it in full on there. http://www.getdropbox.com/tour#1

blenng
Mar 29, 2009, 06:01 PM
I do too.

I don't know if any of you guys remember, but a year or so ago, I posted a picture of me with my 20 or so Pismos, Wallstreets, Clamshells, and 1400c's.

I'll try to find it.

I'd love to see that pic. I still regret the fact that I wasn't a Mac user when the clamshell iBooks were around (converted in July 2005)

entatlrg
Mar 29, 2009, 07:36 PM
Why have two computers?

I can think of quite a bit of reason why I like it better.

1) I can have everything I have (movies/music/pictures/Windows partition) on a "master" computer, this requires a great deal of HD space and I do the bulk of my work at home. Then have a "slave" notebook that I only need to keep some of the files on when I need to go to school or work away from home.

It's not hard to keep them in sync either, I was a program called ChronoSync, which will sync any files that have changed / added to each other. So say I go to school and take some notes from class that day. Once I get home, all I have to do is turn on my MBP and connect to it from my iMac over my network, ChronoSync will then see that my MBP is on the network and automatically sync files between the two (over wireless too).

2) I can use the other computer if one is busy. A lot of times i'll be exporting a final cut sequence on my iMac and I really don't want to bother it while it's working. So I can let my iMac work away and do get in some MacRumors browsing without disturbing what ever my iMac is doing.

3) Screen real estate. The MBP/ACD option, your stuck with the built in display (13"/15"/17") + another display up to 30". With a dedicated desktop (specifically my setup) I have the built in 24" iMac display + a 22" dell in portrait mode.

After much trial and error I've concluded that this really is the best set up for me. Though I could see if someone didn't have a lot of data to store and always on the go, then I think the MBP/ACD option would be best.

agreed 100%, love my iMac / ACD set up with my MBA !

dmmcintyre3
Mar 29, 2009, 09:35 PM
People say the MacBook Air is slow when it is faster than my PowerBook according to geekbench

Jack Flash
Mar 29, 2009, 09:38 PM
People say the MacBook Air is slow when it is faster than my PowerBook according to geekbench

Powerbook is also 5 years old.

ayeying
Mar 29, 2009, 09:45 PM

It's faster then the First Generation MacBook Pro too!

sn00pie
Mar 29, 2009, 11:53 PM
Thanks man :)

Hey KoL, nice to see your on MR after your new Mac Pro :)

faust
Mar 29, 2009, 11:55 PM
All these little IKEA desks make me wonder. They're **** quality for sure, probably can't last more than one move, if that. What's so good about them? Sure, they look good, but in the long run, wouldn't investing in a solid wood desk be a better investment? I just can't justify going gaga over IKEA room sets.

Sorta makes me sick to think about it.

slieu92
Mar 30, 2009, 12:10 AM
All these little IKEA desks make me wonder. They're **** quality for sure, probably can't last more than one move, if that. What's so good about them? Sure, they look good, but in the long run, wouldn't investing in a solid wood desk be a better investment? I just can't justify going gaga over IKEA room sets.

yea, my ikea desk is poop. cheap, and looks good from far away.

ProwlingTiger
Mar 30, 2009, 12:18 AM

Exactly why I've built my own solid wood desk. I plan to post pics of my setup soon, just recently finished with the desk and working on laying it all out.

faust
Mar 30, 2009, 12:33 AM
Thanks guys, I was expecting some IKEA-branded firing squad to kick my door down. Probably were about to, but lost their rutty knee-screws.

SkyBell
Mar 30, 2009, 12:43 AM
I love your 'old' macs!

Well, they may be getting a little long in the tooth, but a G4 is all I need for my daily uses. Why bother spending more to get power I won't use? :)

blenng
Mar 30, 2009, 05:19 AM
Well, they may be getting a little long in the tooth, but a G4 is all I need for my daily uses. Why bother spending more to get power I won't use? :)

You're right. I sold my iBook G4 1,2GHz too early. I wish I still had it. With 6hrs of battery life and such a small form factor, it was the ideal laptop to carry to work. And by the way, I miss the matte screen...

KoL
Mar 30, 2009, 09:46 AM
Hey KoL, nice to see your on MR after your new Mac Pro :)

Hey man, yeah Ive been lurking MR Forums for a long time. Time to start posting :D

iCheddar
Mar 30, 2009, 10:28 AM

It all depends on the type of Ikea furniture you have. My malm dresser...yeah, its got about one move left in it. But my Galant desk is rock solid. The desktop itself is in good shape after two moves, and it has a metal frame, so whenever I move I just disassemble the desk, move it, and reassemble it wherever it goes then.

nikmer
Mar 30, 2009, 10:46 AM
Updated pics with freshly installed (in a very ghetto way) chintzy ikea desk lamps...really gives a nice feel, almost like a real studio of some sort.

o.O just saw the Beeeeeest posters u listen to jmusic/jrock?? :3

dmmcintyre3
Mar 30, 2009, 03:43 PM
o.O just saw the Beeeeeest posters u listen to jmusic/jrock?? :3

The gold MBP and MBA again.

(it is just the lighting)

Island Dog
Mar 30, 2009, 06:21 PM
Nice to see you around KoL. :)

drewsof07
Mar 30, 2009, 07:37 PM

But if you're just buying apartment furniture that you don't plan to keep for an extended period of time, most of the IKEA desks are as cheap or cheaper than anything at Wal-Mart/Sam's but look more stylish :D

xfiftyfour
Mar 30, 2009, 08:23 PM

I agree you get what you pay for to an extent, but I don't think Ikea is all **** like a lot of people bash it to be. For one, they do have more expensive lines that are higher quality. And two, even their cheap stuff lasts good enough IMO. My Ikea Mikael desk only cost me like $50 and it's followed me to 3 different apartments and has been taken apart and rebuilt more times than I can count.

Krovem
Mar 30, 2009, 09:11 PM
Nice set up.

Hey guys any suggestions for good lamps table or wall? Please post link.
IKEA US is like out of every product.

Thanks

KoL
Mar 30, 2009, 09:47 PM
Nice to see you around KoL. :)

Hey :) Nice to see some familiar faces here :D

NRose8989
Mar 30, 2009, 11:06 PM
That is odd, I use this program right now sync between my macbook pro, my home iMac, and my office iMac. Been using for a while without any problem. Just go to the website and check it out, it explains it in full on there. http://www.getdropbox.com/tour#1

Ya sorry I should have been more clear.

I wanted a solution that would allow me to automatically sync specific folders (documents / downloads) automatically. DropBox currently allows only syncing of the "DropBox" folder. One workaround I guess is to put both my documents folder and downloads folder into the dropbox folder but I really don't want to dive into another layer in the hierarchy just to get a file.

Krovem
Mar 31, 2009, 09:02 PM
I made a video. Mac + gaming set up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj-Q16sNeBk

ColinEC
Mar 31, 2009, 10:04 PM
I made a video. Mac + gaming set up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj-Q16sNeBk

Really nice looking desk, nice and clean looking - looks great.

PowerBookRelic
Mar 31, 2009, 10:19 PM
Watching TV with the laptop... showing off the new moshi palm guard and keyboard cover. The keyboard cover is very thin; however, I wish it 'stuck' a little better, but I am happy with it. The palm guard, IMO, looks amazing on the the computer. I love the texture it has, and it doesn't get greasy like the regular plastic.

p.s. i need to clean my monitor!

Krovem
Mar 31, 2009, 10:30 PM
Really nice looking desk, nice and clean looking - looks great.

Thanks

PS = i also got the xtand pro and xtand for iphone now (the iphone one seems pointless, prob will sell it)

Reventon
Mar 31, 2009, 10:38 PM
Just got my new iMac! Here she is all set up! Specs in sign below

The iKid
Apr 1, 2009, 09:17 PM
Just got my new iMac! Here she is all set up! Specs in sign below

Wow looks great, congratulations! You really packed everything you could in there (the iMac's specs I mean). I got the new 20", 2.66GHz, 640GB HDD, and 4GB RAM. I'm loving mine and you must love yours even more. Enjoy it, looks great. :)

212rikanmofo
Apr 1, 2009, 11:25 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3545/3406076432_d5274b4680_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3407/3329685491_52e23a1231_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3330519714_e8f3dc6f1f_o.jpg

bwiissofly
Apr 1, 2009, 11:30 PM
^ WOW!
That is beautiful.

What kind of camera did you use to take these pictures?

cleanup
Apr 1, 2009, 11:37 PM
<snip>

Is that the JONAS desk from IKEA?

kymac
Apr 1, 2009, 11:44 PM
snip

why did you photoshop under the desk in the first picture.. it looks bad

212rikanmofo
Apr 1, 2009, 11:46 PM
why did you photoshop under the desk in the first picture.. it looks bad

yes it is the jonas desk.

PowerBookRelic
Apr 2, 2009, 12:14 AM
^^^

Such a great setup!! I love how minimalist it is. Also, it is my perfect combo, Mac Pro + Acd and MBP, awesome hardware!!!

kellen
Apr 2, 2009, 12:29 AM
Great pics. Love the minimalist.

I strive to achieve that, but I have too much stuff.

maria81
Apr 2, 2009, 12:35 AM
i'd like mine to be setu like yours jonas. it's awesome http://www.thepinoyscandal.net/img/J/V.gif

St0rMl0rD
Apr 2, 2009, 03:21 AM
212rikanmofo, you have one of the most simple / beautiful setups I have ever seen. My dream setup is just like yours, just with a MB/MBA and an iMac.

-J

pudrums
Apr 2, 2009, 04:19 AM
212rikanmofo, beautiful setup and even better pictures of it!

ZAK248313
Apr 2, 2009, 05:14 AM
Current temp setup. Cables = fail, I know. Will get to it this weekend hopefully.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/Zak248313/Picture4-3.jpg

LevMac
Apr 2, 2009, 05:46 AM
212rikanmofo, I think you take the trophy for the best setup this thread has ever seen !!

Krovem
Apr 2, 2009, 05:51 AM

I Like this one =) everything organized

RDoe
Apr 2, 2009, 07:28 AM
Here's my setup. I still have a bit of a yellow(y) center on my iMac. It becomes less and less noticeable when the display warms up, but it is still there in the background (something of the current display limitations?). Apart from that the iMac is great.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3585/3404660428_08a68f0932.jpg

politickle
Apr 2, 2009, 07:35 AM
<snip>

I like your style. The black of the MacBook Pro looks good, too.

drewsof07
Apr 2, 2009, 07:47 AM
Great pics. Love the minimalist.

I strive to achieve that, but I have too much stuff.

You mean like a MBP charger, a printer, and other useful peripherals? :p haha
It is a lovely setup, just don't know how functional it would be for me, having to go elsewhere to get all my cables, discs, and supplies :o

And OP, WHERE did you find money tree limbs??? :eek::eek: Or are they fake...
My grandma had a money tree in her backyard, I've been looking for one at all our local nurseries with no luck!

kellen
Apr 2, 2009, 09:12 AM
You mean like a MBP charger, a printer, and other useful peripherals? :p haha
It is a lovely setup, just don't know how functional it would be for me

Exactly. Nice setup though, I don't think I could get mine to look like that if I tried. Either that or I could have a picture like that, but if you were to look behind me there would be a big pile of junk like you mentioned.

blairh
Apr 2, 2009, 11:56 AM
212rikanmofo,

amazing photos. what camera did you use to snap these? and what is that mouse pad in the last 2 photos? it's very nice.

peskaa
Apr 2, 2009, 11:58 AM
212rikanmofo,

amazing photos. what camera did you use to snap these? and what is that mouse pad in the last 2 photos? it's very nice.

It is a graphics tablet, not a mouse pad.

Maxintech
Apr 2, 2009, 12:47 PM
[MG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3545/3406076432_d5274b4680_o.jpg[/IMG]
[MG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3407/3329685491_52e23a1231_o.jpg[/IMG]
[MG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3330519714_e8f3dc6f1f_o.jpg[/IMG]
just gorgeous!

JoeDRC
Apr 2, 2009, 01:24 PM
Here's my setup. I still have a bit of a yellow(y) center on my iMac. It becomes less and less noticeable when the display warms up, but it is still there in the background (something of the current display limitations?). Apart from that the iMac is great.

[mg]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3585/3404660428_08a68f0932.jpg[/img]

What speakers are those?

pudrums
Apr 2, 2009, 01:31 PM
They are from Creative, check out their website, I donīt know the exact model.

RDoe
Apr 2, 2009, 02:31 PM
They are from Creative, check out their website, I donīt know the exact model.

T20sII

Benguitar
Apr 2, 2009, 02:39 PM

How did you get a picture of Jesus' desk?!

hatehereyes
Apr 2, 2009, 03:26 PM
How did you get a picture of Jesus' desk?!

He might be Jesus.

iNeurox
Apr 2, 2009, 03:36 PM
That's easily the most beautiful setup I've ever seen in my life. This is like the perfect setup. Neat, simple, organized and powerful. Love it.

carlosbutler
Apr 2, 2009, 03:55 PM
it is a very nice setup. thats what i had in mind for my next year at uni... although at the moment im stuck with a HUGE 5mx1.5m table, that i can only use 2mx1.5m of :mad::mad:

way to cramped for a 26" tv, ps3, bose sound system and sub, imac24" and keyboard:rolleyes:

sn00pie
Apr 2, 2009, 05:35 PM
Yeah, that's a very nice setup, you can tell there was some thought put into the creation of that setup, and how it all blends together.

Props on it though, it's definitely on the of the best looking setups I've seen till this day. It might not be something that would suit someone like myself, who wants the most desk space I can get, but its very nice.

212rikanmofo
Apr 2, 2009, 05:35 PM
thanks everyone for your kind remarks! there were a few things that I wished were a bit cleaner before I took the shot. :( I didn't realize that my setup would draw so much attention. That really made my day! :) I will try to take some new shots. Perhaps different angles, rooms, etc and post them up when I get some more time. But in the meantime enjoy my current setup.

DeusInvictus7
Apr 2, 2009, 05:45 PM
thanks everyone for your kind remarks! there were a few things that I wished were a bit cleaner before I took the shot. :( I didn't realize that my setup would draw so much attention. That really made my day! :) I will try to take some new shots. Perhaps different angles, rooms, etc and post them up when I get some more time. But in the meantime enjoy my current setup.

Yeah, it's pretty much amazing lol. What kind of speakers are those?

MacPM8
Apr 2, 2009, 08:07 PM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z152/xspykerx/DSC01005-Version2.jpg

hookem12387
Apr 2, 2009, 08:16 PM
Macpm8, what's that on the wall on the right?

Island Roots
Apr 2, 2009, 08:17 PM

Looks like a coat hanger?

srl7741
Apr 2, 2009, 08:19 PM
212rikanmofo (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=7392688&postcount=1068)

I think you have a sweet setup, very nice and clean. Nice job!

MacPM8
Apr 2, 2009, 08:47 PM

oh i usually keep my headphones over there

binh514
Apr 3, 2009, 12:09 AM
Where did you got those awsome colors behind your monitor

Here's my setup, pretty simple for now and not much to look at.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb103/JRobG/IMG_2888.jpg?t=1237768366
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb103/JRobG/IMG_2876.jpg?t=1237782953
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb103/JRobG/IMG_2882.jpg?t=1237782991
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb103/JRobG/IMG_2705.jpg?t=1237783057

Nuttydev
Apr 3, 2009, 01:55 AM
He's probably got ambient lighting behind his TV.

binh514
Apr 3, 2009, 01:57 AM
But where can i get some ??

He's probably got ambient lighting behind his TV.

Nuttydev
Apr 3, 2009, 02:00 AM
Just look it up on eBay, likethis (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MOOD-AMBIENT-AMBILIGHT-TV-PLASMA-LCD-LIGHTS-LIGHTING_W0QQitemZ330284290674QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_HomeGarden_Lighting_Lamps_Lighting_SM?hash=item3 30284290674&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1307) one which is the first I found.

Or Amazon like this (http://www.amazon.com/Cyron-LED-Lighting-Pack-System/dp/B000V1NW7G/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1238742214&sr=8-2) one.

opeter
Apr 3, 2009, 02:35 AM
Yeah, I like 212rikanmofo's setup too. But, the problem is, it doesn't look as it is working on it. It's like an exhibition, only to showcase his computer etc...

It's not like a real working environment. No papers, nothing.
It's not natural.

Stebus
Apr 3, 2009, 10:19 AM
It's not like a real working environment. No papers, nothing.
It's not natural.

That pretty much covers most of the thread. Just so you know, this is the Mac Setup thread, there is another one to showcase real working environments.

cleanup
Apr 3, 2009, 10:24 AM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z152/xspykerx/DSC01005-Version2.jpg

Nice! Where'd you get the hanger for your headphones? I've been looking for something similar.

Mackilroy
Apr 3, 2009, 11:34 AM
That pretty much covers most of the thread. Just so you know, this is the Mac Setup thread, there is another one to showcase real working environments.
Not everyone lets their working environment get slovenly. :p

HBOC
Apr 3, 2009, 11:40 AM
But where can i get some ??

ikea sells them for $49. they change like 8 different colours.
I've had mine for a few years, they are great

ant043
Apr 3, 2009, 02:17 PM
apple led display plus base model unibody pro. I also have a macbook air 120 gb hardrive which i bring everywhere with me. Macbook pro is on a rain design mstand while the air is sitting on a griffin elevator. Still a bit messy but it is my study desk for uni.

drewsof07
Apr 3, 2009, 02:37 PM
apple led display plus base model unibody pro. I also have a macbook air 120 gb hardrive which i bring everywhere with me. Macbook pro is on a rain design mstand while the air is sitting on a griffin elevator. Still a bit messy but it is my study desk for uni.

Wii on the ACD?? HOW? :confused:

ant043
Apr 3, 2009, 02:43 PM
elgato eye tv. Heres a link on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDGhh0d-TFQ&feature=channel_page
Thats how i found out.

Krovem
Apr 3, 2009, 02:50 PM
ikea sells them for $49. they change like 8 different colours.
I've had mine for a few years, they are great

what are they called?

Ljohnson72
Apr 3, 2009, 07:47 PM
what are they called?

Ikea Dioder LED strips.

JayRob
Apr 3, 2009, 09:05 PM
Where did you got those awsome colors behind your monitor

the ones at ikea are the dioder light strips. They are similar to the ones i got but i got mine at costco. They are by www.cyron.com

wfoster
Apr 3, 2009, 09:40 PM
I think tomorrow I might have to take some more photos of my setup because I received my new Mini in the post the other day.

chaosbunny
Apr 4, 2009, 07:23 AM
The ability to use it as an usb-drive made the first shuffle the best shuffle in my opinion.

Nuttydev
Apr 4, 2009, 10:24 AM

Why full screen safari on that size screen? :|

iMpathetic
Apr 4, 2009, 10:31 AM
-- Rocketfish (made by Lian Li) full tower case
-- 1000W Enermax Galaxy PSU
-- Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 motherboard
-- Core 2 Quad Q6600 stable @3.6GHz, 1.33V
-- 2GB DDR3 1333MHz memory
-- two 150GB WD 10,000 RPM hard drives in RAID 0
-- Thermaltake Big Typhoon CPU cooler w/ Apevia blue LED fan. Keeps it 2-3C cooler than the Thermaltake fan.
-- Radeon HD3870X2 OC 1GB. Resolutions working but no CI or QE. Help?

fireshot91
Apr 4, 2009, 10:32 AM
Why full screen safari on that size screen? :|

I full screen Firefox on my 22" screen. Whenever I use my brother's 28" I also full screen Chrome.

iMpathetic
Apr 4, 2009, 10:36 AM
I full screen Firefox on my 22" screen. Whenever I use my brother's 28" I also full screen Chrome.

Same here.

MacPM8
Apr 4, 2009, 11:20 AM
Nice! Where'd you get the hanger for your headphones? I've been looking for something similar.

i got it at ikea.

pudrums
Apr 4, 2009, 12:02 PM
1000W Enermax Galaxy PSU

Thatīs way too big for that system!

iMpathetic
Apr 4, 2009, 01:19 PM
Thatīs way too big for that system!

So what?

Besides, I might go quadfire eventually on the windows side.

Nuttydev
Apr 4, 2009, 05:41 PM
Have changed it a bit, got rid of the other screen I had connected and have got a new keyboard.

blairh
Apr 4, 2009, 06:17 PM
20" ACD.
Mac Mini.
JBL Spot 2.1 Speakers.
Apple Wired Keyboard.
MX Revolution Mouse.
Razer ProPad Mousepad.

Not shown:

Iphone 3G
Printer, Router, and Modem located below on respective stands (you can see the printer peeking below).
MBP (which I use around my house, etc).

When I have the money, I'm going to purchase a very cool desk lamp that matches everything (and I'll I repost updated photos then).

pudrums
Apr 4, 2009, 06:21 PM
I like that desk.

drewsof07
Apr 4, 2009, 07:08 PM
When I have the money, I'm going to purchase a very cool desk lamp that matches everything (and I'll I repost updated photos then).

Is the pedestal designed hold a laptop, or just textbooks?
Because it would be freaking SWEET to have a built-in laptop stand

srl7741
Apr 4, 2009, 07:14 PM
20" ACD.
Mac Mini.
JBL Spot 2.1 Speakers.
Apple Wired Keyboard.
MX Revolution Mouse.
Razer ProPad Mousepad.

Not shown:

Iphone 3G
Printer, Router, and Modem located below on respective stands (you can see the printer peeking below).

I kinda like that setup, it's different and has a clean look. Nice job. Don't think I have ever seen one like that before.

toolbox
Apr 4, 2009, 07:15 PM
212rikanmofo (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=7392688&postcount=1068)

I think you have a sweet setup, very nice and clean. Nice job!

Indeed that is one clean setup

blairh
Apr 4, 2009, 07:53 PM
drewsof07,

the pedestal is designed for documents/textbooks. it also moves a great deal to the right. in the photo it is positioned all the way to the left. the problem is that even with the flexibility, it is still too far away for me to use. but it's fine. i just use the open space immediately to the left of the monitor to look at papers, etc.

thanks for the compliments everyone.

kymac
Apr 4, 2009, 08:11 PM
20" ACD.
Mac Mini.
JBL Spot 2.1 Speakers.
Apple Wired Keyboard.
MX Revolution Mouse.
Razer ProPad Mousepad.

Not shown:

Iphone 3G

i feel like that desk would be perfect for an imac g4.. all the curves and 'bubbly'ness

Hrududu
Apr 4, 2009, 08:26 PM
I just found this old pic of my Powermac 7500 setup from some years back. Took this about a week before I got my "new" Powermac G3. Needless to say, I had been drooling over one for a while :D
At the time I had a VCR hooked up into the RCA ports to watch videos, an external CD-ROM & ZIP drive. I was rocking the Apple Adjustable Keyboard too.

SkyBell
Apr 4, 2009, 08:32 PM
Took this about a week before I got my "new" Powermac G3.

I like how your wallpaper supports this statement. :p

Hrududu
Apr 4, 2009, 08:36 PM
I like how your wallpaper supports this statement. :p
Yeeeah. I was pretty stoked about having a computer that was more than 120MHz and could run OS X! My transformation from the beige era into the fruity colored G3 era was just about to begin.

Apple all life
Apr 4, 2009, 08:36 PM
http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/ninjasownyou/?action=view&current=IMG_0088-1.jpg

http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/ninjasownyou/?action=view&current=IMG_0087.jpg

http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/ninjasownyou/?action=view&current=IMG_0086.jpg

Sorry for crappy quality Don't have my d300 with me used my iphone. I used macs all my life since I was born and I am 14. I have xbox 360, sony surround sound, 19inch tv, and 2.4 macbook, with icurve stand. If you wanna play 360
gamertag is xVx Angel xVx. And I have seethru speck case on macbook which is amazing and the backpack is a speck aftpack which is amazing!

Apple all life
Apr 4, 2009, 08:51 PM
fixed I think

Pika
Apr 4, 2009, 09:48 PM
Now i have a wired Apple keyboards & mouse + a Mac Pro stand.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3382/3486321462_700c61e497_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3578/3486661398_a2ea5f5166_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3350/3486663978_cd22f1197d_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3213/3486668960_a1b7925936_b.jpg

My walls are awful. :(

Canadian winter sucks... My room gets all icy.

SkyBell
Apr 4, 2009, 10:15 PM
20" ACD.
Mac Mini.
JBL Spot 2.1 Speakers.
Apple Wired Keyboard.
MX Revolution Mouse.
Razer ProPad Mousepad.

Not shown:

Iphone 3G

Wow, what kind of desk is that? I love it. :)

drewsof07
Apr 4, 2009, 10:37 PM

http://www.abyssoft.com/software/teleport/

Best download EVER if you have 2 macs at the same desk :D
Plus you'll save some $ by only having 1 set of kb/mouse

And that Mac Pro shouldn't have a problem heating your room :p lol

Pika
Apr 4, 2009, 10:44 PM

WOOOOW ! thanks alot ! :eek::eek::eek:

*Downloading*

cleanup
Apr 5, 2009, 12:07 AM

<Snip>

I have to be honest when I say that instead of investing $10000+ in fancy Apple computers, you could have improved your living conditions first! How can you enjoy a nice computer if you're freezing your butt off? :confused: I'd have my priorities the other way around. $10000 could pay rent in a decent place for nearly a year!

techlover828
Apr 5, 2009, 06:52 AM
<snip>

handbrake a few videos and your room will heat right up

Nuttydev
Apr 5, 2009, 07:05 AM
handbrake a few videos and your room will heat right up

Haha, so true.

Reventon
Apr 5, 2009, 12:09 PM
I know I've already posted a pic of my setup, but here are some more clearer daytime shots of my Mac in action.

blairh
Apr 5, 2009, 02:56 PM
Cassie, I honestly don't know. We bought it like 6 years ago at a local Italian furniture store. It's a beautiful piece and does a nice job of really bringing out the beauty of Mac products.

FotoGenetix
Apr 5, 2009, 04:21 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3600/3357698867_4749f7cdea.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3351/3411103066_cee3f96660.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3171/3410237153_51fef9845d.jpg?v=0

pudrums
Apr 5, 2009, 04:23 PM
Tape: Shutting Bitches Up since 1926;)

peepboon
Apr 5, 2009, 04:36 PM
removed pics

Thats sooo nice! Where did you get the lighting from? Can you post pics? x

wfoster
Apr 5, 2009, 04:36 PM
[IMG]Quoted pics]

Are you using IKEA Dioder LEDs for the ambient lighting?

wfoster
Apr 5, 2009, 04:39 PM

I guess you read my mind. As they say, great minds think alike.

cciliberto33
Apr 5, 2009, 04:44 PM
(snip)

Do you use your MacBook Keyboard and Trackpad for typing and mousing.... or do you have externals

darrenscerri
Apr 5, 2009, 05:30 PM
My Setup! Sorry for the clutter :D
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3596/3416199650_01344bc869.jpg?v=0 http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5143/keyboard2resized.jpg

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9756/ipodresized.jpg

zotes24
Apr 5, 2009, 06:03 PM
At College (Bridgewater College, i know i have a banner that says JMU because its 10 min away and i went to a football game there) Taken on my iPhone 3G

Malfoy
Apr 5, 2009, 06:17 PM
FotoGentix: Where can I get the **** bg??

Perrumpo
Apr 5, 2009, 07:20 PM

I like the simplicity, but I feel like I'm in The Giver.

Malfoy
Apr 5, 2009, 07:36 PM
I wish those speakers were still findable.

livingfortoday
Apr 5, 2009, 10:41 PM
Not much has changed to be honest, just thought I'd toss up another photo. Whee!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b236/livingfortoday2/CIMG1490.jpg

FotoGenetix
Apr 5, 2009, 11:00 PM

Ikea Dioder

Are you using IKEA Dioder LEDs for the ambient lighting?

Yes =)

Do you use your MacBook Keyboard and Trackpad for typing and mousing.... or do you have externals

I'm using a regular Aluminum Apple Keyboard and a Logitech MX revolution

FotoGentix: Where can I get the **** bg??

http://vattenpipa.deviantart.com/art/S-T-F-U-83953204

SkyBell
Apr 5, 2009, 11:29 PM
Finally got my eMac in its permanent setup. Not a great picture, my camera hates incandescent light.
http://img.skitch.com/20090406-pdfcw3t91cqdf35ygssyf2rd4n.preview.jpg (http://skitch.com/cassifire/bkayq/2008-0410aa)
Click for full size (http://skitch.com/cassifire/bkayq/2008-0410aa) - Uploaded with plasq (http://plasq.com)'s Skitch (http://skitch.com)

TK B$K
Apr 6, 2009, 12:19 AM
Tape: Shutting Bitches Up since 1926;)

In the last 24 hours, i have seen the most interesting posts. ever.

Applepi
Apr 6, 2009, 12:20 AM

Holy crap, Thank You!!! I've been dying for something like this. :)

slieu92
Apr 6, 2009, 12:30 AM

lol yea, and that microsoft runs the society and banned macs.

Malfoy
Apr 6, 2009, 12:44 AM
thanks fotogenetix. :)

colourclassic
Apr 6, 2009, 01:10 AM

Would love a link to that **** desktop pic.

pudrums
Apr 6, 2009, 03:29 AM
Read post 1163, itīs already there:)

WannaBMW3
Apr 6, 2009, 11:53 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3171/3410237153_51fef9845d.jpg?v=0

Sick Lighting...

ied0135
Apr 6, 2009, 11:56 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i211/ied0135/DSCF0870.jpg

dmmcintyre3
Apr 7, 2009, 01:20 PM
I do not like the second monitor's top aligned with the top of the main screen because I cannot hit the corner of the screen easily

cciliberto33
Apr 7, 2009, 04:12 PM

At least no ones handing out lethal injections to babies

Shaun.P
Apr 7, 2009, 04:17 PM

What wallpaper is that?

hotwire132002
Apr 7, 2009, 04:17 PM

Yeah, I hated that book. Then again, I hated most everything I was forced to read in high school. ;)

diotav
Apr 7, 2009, 04:39 PM
@ShaunPriest

Second that .. 2560x1600 please?! :D

Shaun.P
Apr 7, 2009, 04:42 PM
@ShaunPriest

I need 1680x1050 if possible!

Perrumpo
Apr 7, 2009, 05:19 PM

who drank your milkshake

dmmcintyre3
Apr 7, 2009, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Perrumpo

Originally Posted by cciliberto33

Yeah, I hated that book. Then again, I hated most everything I was forced to read in high school.

I hated that book too.

cnguyen
Apr 8, 2009, 04:37 AM
Old

http://www.maclife.de/albums/Mein-Arbeitsplatz/apy.jpg

New
http://www.maclife.de/albums/Mein-Arbeitsplatz/aqo.jpg
http://www.maclife.de/albums/Mein-Arbeitsplatz/aqn.jpg

nikmer
Apr 8, 2009, 08:06 AM
This is my rearanged setup: iMac 24", Maxtor 1TB external, M-Audio Oxygen II 61keys Keyboard, Cambridge SoundWorks Amplifier, 2x Sony 100W Speakers, 1 Sony 150W SubWoofer, AKG K512 Headphones, some Naruto keychains :P and my many guitars and bass guitar :p

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/233/image087m.th.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image087m.jpg)
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8148/image089h.th.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image089h.jpg)
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/3299/image092y.th.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image092y.jpg)
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4014/image093p.th.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image093p.jpg)

sycho
Apr 8, 2009, 08:32 AM
Old

New

DUDE! Using TIMG on giant images doesn't make the page load any faster!

TJunkers
Apr 8, 2009, 09:00 AM
Here's my new Mac Pro I just picked up yesturday!

http://gallery.me.com/tjunkers/100330/DSC02477/web.jpg

Mr.Noisy
Apr 8, 2009, 09:30 AM

nice kit, is that bread a snack? Kinda looks like your using it as a wrist rest :eek:

Nuttydev
Apr 8, 2009, 09:45 AM

Oh you lucky one :) I'd love a MP, especially with a 30" ACD :p

tMac85
Apr 8, 2009, 11:35 AM
nice kit, is that bread a snack? Kinda looks like your using it as a wrist rest :eek:

haha. thats what i was thinking.

pretty random placement if you ask me.:D

brikeh
Apr 8, 2009, 11:35 AM
My dark corner

SkyBell
Apr 8, 2009, 11:36 AM

I think that actually is a wrist rest that looks like bread. Or at least, someone posted a setup which had that...

Mr.Noisy
Apr 8, 2009, 12:38 PM
I think that actually is a wrist rest that looks like bread. Or at least, someone posted a setup which had that...

Looks like it might just be a wrist rest :eek:

And pretty good it looks too :D

Bread Wrist Rest (http://technabob.com/blog/2008/12/12/comfort-food-white-bread-wrist-rest/)

FotoGenetix
Apr 8, 2009, 01:33 PM
What wallpaper is that?

@ShaunPriest

I need 1680x1050 if possible!

here you go
http://root-kid.deviantart.com/art/Colorswing-2-116663334

PowerBookRelic
Apr 8, 2009, 04:28 PM
Looks like it might just be a wrist rest :eek:

And pretty good it looks too :D

Bread Wrist Rest (http://technabob.com/blog/2008/12/12/comfort-food-white-bread-wrist-rest/)

Wow- people come up with the silliest products, who would have thunk it.

Nuttydev
Apr 8, 2009, 05:33 PM
And yet, people buy them :cool:

eclix
Apr 8, 2009, 06:18 PM
:o There's a MacBook Pro hidden underneath the tablet. I made the laptop stand to hold the two together :)
Almost as good as a Cintiq!

ethical
Apr 8, 2009, 07:03 PM
:o There's a MacBook Pro hidden underneath the tablet. I made the laptop stand to hold the two together :)

wow, looks really nice! love the stand you made and the one for the keyboard!

do you have a link for that desktop? I think it's the one i've been searching for :p

simplymuzik3
Apr 8, 2009, 07:30 PM

That looks really great! Especially the wall mounted LCD. Love it :D

OnTrack Studios
Apr 8, 2009, 07:43 PM
Picked up another toy....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3343/3424553504_28b1e5fd35.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3548/3423746071_b522a62044.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3366/3423745729_464d1a03e6.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3554/3424553204_0304703212.jpg?v=0

ndprunner22
Apr 8, 2009, 10:12 PM
I love this thread and I see a lot a cool ideas on here, so I thought I would share one I use.

If you have multiple computers it is sometimes a hassle to use more than one keyboard and mouse to control them without a KVM switch or something of that nature.

Teleport is a free software that runs on your mac and shares your keyboard to other computers on the network (acceptance must be verified). You can even drag and drop files between the computers. Plus clipboards are synced between the computers! Great software and I use it everyday. Check it out and happy Macing...:apple:

Teleport
http://abyssoft.com/software/teleport/

drewsof07
Apr 8, 2009, 10:28 PM
I love this thread and I see a lot a cool ideas on here, so I thought I would share one I use.

Teleport is a free software that runs on your mac and shares your keyboard to other computers on the network....

I definitely just posted this exact link a couple pages back :p

Also, people probably aren't too excited about a "macing" in which I assume one would be "maced?" hahaha jk

TJunkers
Apr 8, 2009, 10:39 PM
And yet, people buy them :cool:

Haha that they do, but it actually works great. I bought it as a joke gift for a friend and tried it and love it.. IT covers my entire wrist and is really soft! I use it to design for hours and my hand doesnt hurt at all after!

eclix
Apr 9, 2009, 01:29 AM
wow, looks really nice! love the stand you made and the one for the keyboard!

do you have a link for that desktop? I think it's the one i've been searching for :p

Haha :rolleyes: I'm afraid I made that too. My Dad's got a wood working shop, which is pretty convenient. It's just a bit of MDF cut to size and sprayed with white lacquer.

Nuttydev
Apr 9, 2009, 04:44 AM
Haha that they do, but it actually works great. I bought it as a joke gift for a friend and tried it and love it.. IT covers my entire wrist and is really soft! I use it to design for hours and my hand doesnt hurt at all after!

Hmm might have to get myself one now, just for the hell of it :D My wrist does tend to hurt after a while so I may as well :p

ethical
Apr 9, 2009, 05:08 AM
Haha :rolleyes: I'm afraid I made that too. My Dad's got a wood working shop, which is pretty convenient. It's just a bit of MDF cut to size and sprayed with white lacquer.

Sorry, my bad, i meant the desktop wallpaper, on your screen.

but nice job on the desk too! you clearly have a talent for that sort of thing. it all looks very flush and nicely finished.

stuboy
Apr 9, 2009, 11:19 AM
New office coming together slowly

Rapmastac1
Apr 9, 2009, 01:39 PM
Here is yet another one of my set-ups. Certainly not as good as my set up for last year. This is just a temporary since I don't have enough wiring going from my Mac to my HDTV. And I'm going to be moving in a few months so I'm just going to leave it like this.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7510/dsci0001b.jpg (http://img14.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsci0001b.jpg)

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8200/dsci0008t.jpg (http://img14.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsci0008t.jpg)

pudrums
Apr 9, 2009, 01:40 PM
Nice game collection!

Rapmastac1
Apr 9, 2009, 02:05 PM
Nice game collection!

Thanks, there are more 360 games under the entertainment console - but those are just cases for arcade games.

The top row is all 360, the second row is all Xbox, and the bottom row is part Xbox and part Nintendo 64/SNES/NES games. I also have a nice DVD collection under the entertainment console. Despite all this, I don't game very often. Only when I'm sick or my friends want to play over Live.

UNDERD0G
Apr 9, 2009, 09:59 PM
Hey all, I wast just wondering if I could get some help with an issue. I just bought my mbp and love it. I've never liked anything more. I've worked with windows based pc's building, fixing and programming them for 15 years now. I have to say the build quality kicks the crud out of any windows (winblows) based PC as well as the OS. I started a tread at notebookreview.com for the 15" mbp 08-09 and I'm having problems with some pc users bashing the new unibody and was hoping some of you might help a nub and pitch in to defend this great notebook. Thanks in advance if your helping, :) here's the link:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=370305&page=3

zer0tails
Apr 9, 2009, 11:56 PM
Hey all, I wast just wondering if I could get some help with an issue. I just bought my mbp and love it. I've never liked anything more. I've worked with windows based pc's building, fixing and programming them for 15 years now. I have to say the build quality kicks the crud out of any windows (winblows) based PC as well as the OS. I started a tread at notebookreview.com for the 15" mbp 08-09 and I'm having problems with some pc users bashing the new unibody and was hoping some of you might help a nub and pitch in to defend this great notebook. Thanks in advance if your helping, :) here's the link:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=370305&page=3

lol seriously? ignore them...

insular
Apr 10, 2009, 12:09 AM
Old

can you go back and edit your post to thumbnail your images. i'm sick of my browser freezing every time i load that page in this thread.

UNDERD0G
Apr 10, 2009, 02:24 AM
lol seriously? ignore them...

Yea your right, but I feel like a new kid in town with a shiny new bike and just wanted a little support there as most of you know more about this machine than I. But yea, ****** em. I don't need them to know Ive the best pc ever made. lol

http://forum.notebookreview.com/show...=370305&page=3

Xirurg
Apr 10, 2009, 02:56 AM
Yea your right, but I feel like a new kid in town with a shiny new bike and just wanted a little support there as most of you know more about this machine than I. But yea, ****** em. I don't need them to know Ive the best pc ever made. lol

http://forum.notebookreview.com/show...=370305&page=3

They are just jealous that they don't have enough money to get one ;)

Skorpion24
Apr 10, 2009, 05:26 PM
Click for Bigger version ;)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3310/3430218486_85f506569c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/14901813@N06/3430218486/)

uujamchen
Apr 10, 2009, 09:26 PM
Just picked up a Quad 2.66 Mac Pro, 6GB Ram, 640GB HD x2. Still undecided on my display set-up: Dual 24" LED, dual 23" ACD, or a single 30" ACD. Obviously, I'll either have to wait for a refurbished 23" (apple store) or find a new/used one on ebay. Cheers

dmmcintyre3
Apr 10, 2009, 09:34 PM
Just picked up a Quad 2.66 Mac Pro, 6GB Ram, 640GB HD x2. Still undecided on my display set-up: Dual 24" LED, dual 23" ACD, or a single 30" ACD. Obviously, I'll either have to wait for a refurbished 23" (apple store) or find a new/used one on ebay. Cheers

I'd do a dual 24 LED because I cannot stand multiple screen brightnesses and dual 24 is more pixels than a single 30 unless you need a single big monitor.

Benguitar
Apr 10, 2009, 09:46 PM
I'd do a dual 24 LED because I cannot stand multiple screen brightnesses and dual 24 is more pixels than a single 30 unless you need a single big monitor.

+1

I second that. Dual 24's.

(yeahhhhhhhh that'd be sweet) :cool:

uujamchen
Apr 10, 2009, 10:01 PM
+1

I second that. Dual 24's.

(yeahhhhhhhh that'd be sweet) :cool:

Thanks! I was leaning towards the dual 24's.. Plus, the wife loves the design, so I know I wont get the "do you really need another display" speech..

Does anyone want to buy a used 23" ACD /w applecare until Aug. 2011?? JK, but may be selling soon...

taylorwilsdon
Apr 10, 2009, 10:10 PM
Dual 23s. They look better.

pudrums
Apr 11, 2009, 05:21 AM
Definately two 23" ACDs, they are better displays!

politickle
Apr 11, 2009, 05:26 AM
It depends on your usage but I'd go for a 30 every time.

PowerBookRelic
Apr 11, 2009, 08:40 AM
The LED monitor is nice, being new technology and all, but you should keep which one you like better (and then get another of that one). Look at resolution, the overall feel of the desk/workspace, and the whole glossy/matte issue. I wouldn't mind acquiring a 23" ACD :cool:

Bfat567
Apr 11, 2009, 09:38 AM
Grab another 23 for the pro and move that led to the macbook.

Benguitar
Apr 11, 2009, 10:07 AM
Dual 23s. They look better.

Definately two 23" ACDs, they are better displays!

You two are just "anti-gloss" people.

If he wants dual 24's then more power to him, I say get whatever you want.

I personally think dual 24's look amazing.

Although dual (any ACD) looks great.

dmmcintyre3
Apr 11, 2009, 11:03 AM

I wasn't even considering that the LED 24 was glossy because he had one already and did not know which he wanted so I said the LED because the backlight would have not dimmed any while a used 23 would have.

I do not like how the 24 led backlit looks with the 23 florescent backlit right beside each other.

The 23 matches the Mac Pro while the LED matches the MacBook

The only reason I do not like glossy is I have never used one to know if it is bad. If someone gave me a free MacBook I might like it but I do not know if I will. I am not going to buy a glossy unless I know if I like it. The people who do not like the glossy probably are less than the people who do but the anti glossy are more prominent online because all complainers well complain while the people who like it do not go and post threads "I love glossy screens" on the internet.

Mackilroy
Apr 11, 2009, 11:22 AM
I've used a glossy-screen MacBook for nearly three years now, and I've never had any complaints with it. No real glare issues, none of the 'argh my eyes!' that some of the people who hate glossy screens post, etc.

drewsof07
Apr 11, 2009, 11:41 AM
I've used a glossy-screen MacBook for nearly three years now, and I've never had any complaints with it. No real glare issues, none of the 'argh my eyes!' that some of the people who hate glossy screens post, etc.
Ugh let's nip this in the bud before it gets out of hand... again...:rolleyes:
Glossy or Matte, it's personal choice. You like what you like, thats it. Please don't share your preferences with everyone here as we have our own.

Now back to the setups! :D

taylorwilsdon
Apr 11, 2009, 12:06 PM

No, I'm not. That's a stupid thing to say.

Benguitar
Apr 11, 2009, 02:44 PM
No, I'm not. That's a stupid thing to say.

Replying to my comment was a stupid thing to do.

If you guys aren't against the 24's than why did you recommend 23's :confused:

23's - older - smaller - less pixels

Obsolete :rolleyes:

drewsof07
Apr 11, 2009, 03:06 PM

FAIL :rolleyes:

If it were me I would recommend dual Alu 23"s entirely due to the interface. Who needs a macbook charger on their desktop tower?? :confused:
Also, if you want to use it with any computer other than a new Mac (right now) you cannot because of the mini displayport technology.

And also, your information about "less pixels" is entirely false.
Both the 23" HD cinema display and new 24" LED display have res'n of 1920x1200, so if anything the 23" has a higher pixel density.
They are superior displays (IMO) and it has nothing to do with the screen coating.

taylorwilsdon
Apr 11, 2009, 03:43 PM

Because you have no idea what you're talking about.

23 is smaller and has the same amount of pixels, meaning it has a higher pixel pitch and creates a more pleasing image to the eyes. Furthermore, it has a matte screen coating rather than a piece of glass in front of it, making it the only option if your work requires color accuracy.

Swing and a miss.

neiltc13
Apr 11, 2009, 04:03 PM

Your pictures make the difference between the displays so vivid. I wish Apple were still going down the silver frame route because it looks much better. I have the LED display but I think the black rim is ugly. If I had a Mac Pro like you I wouldn't hesitate to make sure my setup was that lovely aluminium and none of this black craziness.

DPH
Apr 11, 2009, 05:29 PM
Just got my Samsung 22" inch screen:)

i really want to buy a mount kit, so i can have it on the wall, but its a firewall behind, so i think its a bit hard to get the mount kit on the wall..

Someone here knows a great USB-HUB thats like mac stylish?:D

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7686/p4110007.jpg

justinm
Apr 11, 2009, 05:45 PM
Click for Bigger version ;)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3310/3430218486_85f506569c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/14901813@N06/3430218486/)

I really like that wallpaper. Can I have a link please?

Perrumpo
Apr 11, 2009, 10:00 PM
I really like that wallpaper. Can I have a link please?

I have it on me:

andrewdale
Apr 11, 2009, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the clean-up, Mods.

Someone here knows a great USB-HUB thats like mac stylish?:D[/TIMG]

Would love information on this too, as my wife needs a powered 7-port hub for her iMac BAD!

drewsof07
Apr 11, 2009, 10:45 PM

Would love information on this too, as my wife needs a powered 7-port hub for her iMac BAD!

Ha yeah, thanks mods :)

I found this hub (http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-GUH227-Port-High-Speed/dp/B0007RB280) awhile back, it looks pretty sturdy. A little pricey, but if you NEED 7 ports instead of 4 this would be the way to go.

Perrumpo
Apr 11, 2009, 11:11 PM

Seems like this one (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9203343&sourceid=1500000000000003142050&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=9203343) would go nicely. 7 ports.

eclix
Apr 12, 2009, 04:12 AM
Sorry, my bad, i meant the desktop wallpaper, on your screen.

but nice job on the desk too! you clearly have a talent for that sort of thing. it all looks very flush and nicely finished.

OH haha :D Sorry

Here you go:
http://kon.deviantart.com/art/iSwoosh-78332694

ethical
Apr 12, 2009, 08:43 AM
OH haha :D Sorry

Here you go:
http://kon.deviantart.com/art/iSwoosh-78332694

awesome! thanks very much!

Nuttydev
Apr 12, 2009, 11:35 AM
Sorry for bad quality, took it with camera phone as I cant really be bothered to get the proper camera out :rolleyes:

Anyway, my mum just got a new laptop today, so I have taken her 20" screen and now my MBP is being used as a desktop :D Also took the speakers off her hands, as she doesn't need them ;) Have got better, Z-2300s in my room but I prefer having them on my PS3/360. Next thing I am to do is save up for either a widescreen 20" or 22".

uaecasher
Apr 12, 2009, 11:42 AM
nothing fancy XD

Hello-Jeremy
Apr 12, 2009, 02:07 PM
Still waiting for my monitor to arrive. Will update when it does.

PowerBookRelic
Apr 12, 2009, 04:22 PM
Still waiting for my monitor to arrive. Will update when it does.

Cool desk. My friend has a coffee table, and couch end table with that exact glass. I think it looks awesome. Not much room to do work though...

drewsof07
Apr 12, 2009, 04:30 PM
Cool desk. My friend has a coffee table, and couch end table with that exact glass. I think it looks awesome. Not much room to do work though...

Work? What's that?? :confused:
:p haha

It is a lovely desk. What phones are those?

nutritious
Apr 12, 2009, 08:26 PM
What phones are those?

if i were to guess, the beyerdynamics dt770 professional edition or something. They're pretty good but I heard they have no midrange, but they are awesome for gaming from what I've heard.

CBlasek
Apr 12, 2009, 09:53 PM
Just moved to Colorado from Pennsylvania and got the home office setup..

MacBook Air 2nd Generation Vista Ultimate and OS X
Dell E-6400 - Work machine used for VPN - Windows XP Pro
Dell Optiplex 755 - Clients machine that I use for VPN connectivity using RSA VPN Windows Vista Ultimate
Old Dell laptop running Aterisk* phone server for Polycom phone. SIP Trunks brought in through Linksys WRT610N with MyBook and Comcast Business Class.

I tried to clean up the wiring as much as possible, but it is what it is.

All machines on the desktop run Synergy with the MBA as the server.

Also sometime during the day tomorrow Geek Squad will be coming to mount two 37" tv's on the wall. One for Video Conferencing using Cisco telepresence and one for CNN / headline news.

Last picture is why I love working from home. View from the office window, it just too tempting though sometimes!

iknowyourider
Apr 12, 2009, 10:36 PM
Last picture is why I love working from home. View from the office window, it just too tempting though sometimes!

You lucky dog. That is a sweet looking golf hole. I played golf in Steamboat Springs last september.

CBlasek
Apr 12, 2009, 10:44 PM
You lucky dog. That is a sweet looking golf hole. I played golf in Steamboat Springs last september.

Nice. This is a local country club, but its fine for me. I cant wait to play here this week.

toolbox
Apr 12, 2009, 10:52 PM

MacBook Air 2nd Generation Vista Ultimate and OS X
Dell E-6400 - Work machine used for VPN - Windows XP Pro
Dell Optiplex 755 - Clients machine that I use for VPN connectivity using RSA VPN Windows Vista Ultimate
Old Dell laptop running Aterisk* phone server for Polycom phone. SIP Trunks brought in through Linksys WRT610N with MyBook and Comcast Business Class.

I tried to clean up the wiring as much as possible, but it is what it is.

All machines on the desktop run Synergy with the MBA as the server.

Also sometime during the day tomorrow Geek will be coming to mount two 37" tv's on the wall. One for Video Conferencing using Cisco telepresence and one for CNN / headline news.

So what is it that you do for a living? Cause that is one kick ass looking setup you have

CBlasek
Apr 12, 2009, 11:00 PM
So what is it that you do for a living? Cause that is one kick ass looking setup you have

I work for a consulting agency. The company does Business Tools Architecture assesments. I specialize in Systems Architecture and Integration.

toolbox
Apr 13, 2009, 03:10 AM
Ok here is my new setup, not as neat as i would like it but i am out of time with this room until i get my front of my house cleaned up

On the left i have my MBP hooked up to my dual displays. The other two laptops, i was using chrono sync to make sure they have everything the MBP has. The pic on the right is my Windows rig, and my firewall box is also sitting on top of it too and of course my switch and modem and the Easter egg.

MacBook'06
Apr 13, 2009, 04:21 AM
Ok here is my new setup, not as neat as i would like it but i am out of time with this room until i get my front of my house cleaned up

On the left i have my MBP hooked up to my dual displays. The other two laptops, i was using chrono sync to make sure they have everything the MBP has. The pic on the right is my Windows rig, and my firewall box is also sitting on top of it too and of course my switch and modem and the Easter egg.

What are you using to attach dual displays to the MBP? I am looking to set up a similar config and am wanting advice on what device to use.
Could you still use your laptop screen as well if you wanted? How is the performance?

toolbox
Apr 13, 2009, 06:21 AM
What are you using to attach dual displays to the MBP? I am looking to set up a similar config and am wanting advice on what device to use.
Could you still use your laptop screen as well if you wanted? How is the performance?

I use a matrox dual head 2 go for my dual displays, they offer a triple head version which gives you 3 DVI outputs where the dual head gives you 2 DVI outputs

It just spans your desktop across 2 lcds, so you don't get to have the menu bar on one screen - the menu bar is the right the way across both screens. That was a paint for me when i first bought it but i have gotten used to it. How ever if you use it with windows based environment like in VMware. There are drivers to allow you to have the true dual displays