PDA

View Full Version : Album art is not staying after I apply it to a song...

bigslob
Feb 9, 2009, 05:23 PM
I'm trying to add some album artwork to a few songs and while the song plays it'll stick, but when I switch to a new song and go back to it the artwork is gone. It's not a matter of file types because I can get it to apply to half of an album. Any ideas what's going on?

iSaygoodbye
Feb 9, 2009, 07:42 PM
are you sure you clicking ok when ur done?

impact1290
Feb 9, 2009, 09:12 PM
try converting the id3 tags to "none", add the artwork, then convert the tags to "2.4" and then it should stay

bigslob
Feb 10, 2009, 12:46 AM
Yeah I click okay and the picture will stay while the song plays through, but if I switch songs and then go back it isn't there anymore.

And the songs are in .aiff format so can the id3 tag be changed? I thought those were for .mp3's, or am I mistaken.

Jolly Jimmy
Feb 10, 2009, 07:39 AM
There are no ID3 tags for aiff. No artwork support either. I can't explain why itunes can sometimes make artwork stick for a short while anyway.

bigslob
Feb 10, 2009, 07:44 AM
Okay, I see. I guess in order to preserve a lossless format with my music I'll just have to convert to Apple Lossless. Thanks for the help guys.

marekk
Feb 12, 2009, 07:35 PM
keep in mind that "APPLE LOSSLESS" is not REALLY "LOSSLESS" - music quality-wise it is 50% or so vs. AIFF quality (you can tell by the Bit Rate: AIFF 1411 vs. LOSSLESS 500-900 - it varies depending on the song).
BUT - by ear - you might not tell the difference - they both very good.

And the artwork? I NEVER had a problem with the artwork to stay with AIFF or LOSSLESS or 320, 192, etc. This should NOT be a problem - the artwork of your choice should stay.

Jolly Jimmy
Feb 14, 2009, 10:20 AM
keep in mind that "APPLE LOSSLESS" is not REALLY "LOSSLESS" - music quality-wise it is 50% or so vs. AIFF quality (you can tell by the Bit Rate: AIFF 1411 vs. LOSSLESS 500-900 - it varies depending on the song).
BUT - by ear - you might not tell the difference - they both very good.

Where on earth did you learn that? Read up a little before making up such claims. Both formats ARE lossless and will play exactly the same - bit for bit, the same source. Apple Lossless is compressed and uses a variable bit rate. AIFF is uncompressed and uses a constant bit rate. Even during total silence.