Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robertus

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
the great state of O-H-I-O
Seldom lurker, first time poster here:

I have a NEC 19" CRT monitor for my Mac G4 MDD (MultiSync FE 950+ since early 2002). I've been browsing around at b/m retail stores and online sites for a decent, affordable LCD monitor no smaller than 19" and I am having a hard time trying to decide which good one to buy. I'm only looking for something less than $200 and am into graphic/3D creation, word-processing and web-browsing stuff. I have a decent ATI 128 MB video card with DVI plug-in option.

I would appreciate Mac experts' opinions on some non-Apple LCD monitors. Any idea?

Thanks! :eek:

plodkiller

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2009
I second the above members comments. I have one of those monitors hooked up to my PC and the older model hooked up to my G5 Power mac. On both models the picture is excellent, no dead pixels and no ghosting during gaming. I paid a little more than the newegg price but I thoroughly recommend them

Demosthenes X

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2008
I'll third that suggestion. I've got a very similar Acer, and it's a great monitor. It's not the fanciest monitor out there, and it doesn't have a million and one inputs, but the picture is good and the screen size is fantastic. I use it for email, web, and Word, just like you, and am extremely happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.