Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
JaaJu VNC Home Page said:
Access and control your computer from anywhere
Jaadu gives you full control of your Mac or PC's mouse and keyboard while providing a rich visual display of your computer screen on your iPhone or iPod Touch.

Jaadu connects to any computer running a VNC server and is currently the only VNC client for iPhone that allows you to see all of your displays full-size, with no screen resolution limits.

Jaadu provides:

A touchpad interface for mouse control and screen navigation
Remote and Modifier menus for access to arrow, function and special keys, as well as shortcuts to common actions
Easy setup instructions
A connection utility that automatically configures router and network settings
Support for ultra-high resolutions -- we've successfully tested on two Apple 30-inch Cinema displays with a combined resolution of 5120 x 1600!
JaaJu Home

Could anyone provide some first hand experience with this app. In addition elaborate on some of the features? Can this application allow me to play my iTunes music from my MacBook over my iPhone's speakers? Also, how well does this work over a 3G connection/WiFi? It looks fantastic, but would like to know more from the guys at MacRumors before I shell out the $25... Thanks!
Auzburner

cjm3113

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2008
JaaJu Home

Could anyone provide some first hand experience with this app. In addition elaborate on some of the features? Can this application allow me to play my iTunes music from my MacBook over my iPhone's speakers? Also, how well does this work over a 3G connection/WiFi? It looks fantastic, but would like to know more from the guys at MacRumors before I shell out the $25... Thanks!
Auzburner

I purchased JaaDu VNC a while back. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. It works flawlessly for me over 3G and gives you almost complete access to your computer. You cannot play music over your iPhone's speakers, but Simplify can do that for you anyways.

It's great for turning some loud music on when you are in class and you know your roommates are still sleeping.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
This app is flawless and works perfectly as a VNC app should.

However to clarify. A VNC app allows you to control your computer. You can make a song / video play and be heard through your computer speakers but not through your iphone. For video as with VNC the screen refresh is not as fast as your computer so you'd be able to see on iphone but it would be frames rather then smooth. Not a flaw, how it's supposed to be. If you want to hear your computer music collection from outside or wifi look into simplify media.

As far as what's it's supposed to do it works perfectly. Other then listening to music or watching videos basically anything I can do sitting at computer I can do with the vnc program.

Although I got on sale when it was $5 and don't use enough to justify the full price tag I say for those who really rely on it it's very worth it.

I have iPhone 2G and it was usable so I know it'd be fine on 3G. Wifi is just about as smooth as in front of computer.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
JaaJu Home

Auzburner

Another happy user here. I tried another (free) VNC client initially but got so frustrated with it I purchased Jaadu. No comparison. Jaadu just works smoothly, straight away. It found my network, I entered the security keys and that was it. I use it to control a headless Mac Mini and have only praise for this app.

slapguts

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2008
One of my favorite apps.

I've actually edited fliers in Photoshop, and emailed myself the revised version in the lobby of the printer before. Saved me about 5 hours of my time, and payed for itself.

No, it wasn't easy, but it worked.

amy-is-good

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2009
works fine over 3g with me.

the ONLY thing i can think of that seems to be a slight bug, is that you can't seem to keep capslock on when typing through vnc to whatever computer you're connecting to. other than that, its great.

neilp4453

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2007
It is def. a good app if you have use for it.

I've been using the app to control my laptop when it is connected to my tv.

Refresh rate is pretty bad/slow but the app is still usable.

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
Great app, i use it all the time at home... im a lazy person so will use it to do things while lying on the couch or in bed lol!!!

One gripe is that the icon on the iphone has changed since the last update... its no longer glossy and looks totally out of place!

:(

geekmommy4

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2008
Texas
I love this app, too. I use Windows and the only problem that I've had with it was that it doesn't (at least mine) see ObjectDock...just doesn't show up at all. I had the Windows Taskbar turned off so I couldn't start any applications (since I have almost no icons on my desktop). Now I don't hide my Windows Taskbar so that I can start apps that way.

Lara F

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2005
Montreal, Quebec
This app is flawless and works perfectly as a VNC app should.

However to clarify. A VNC app allows you to control your computer. You can make a song / video play and be heard through your computer speakers but not through your iphone. For video as with VNC the screen refresh is not as fast as your computer so you'd be able to see on iphone but it would be frames rather then smooth. Not a flaw, how it's supposed to be. If you want to hear your computer music collection from outside or wifi look into simplify media.

Orb and ooTunes are also excellent apps for that function. But ITA that Jaadu is a truly excellent app for what it does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.