Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
I have quite a few eBooks that I have purchased and some that are free downloaded on my computer. Are there any Apps that will allow me to use those existing eBook files and read them on my iPhone?

RBenen

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2009
eBook readers

Depending on what files you have in your library (I came from the Palm world) there are several. I like:
Stanza
BookShelf
ReaddleDocs

eReader is good, but I preferred the Stanza interface.

I don't think any eBook readers can handle the protected Mobipocket/Kindle files yet, but non-DRM mobi files work well as do pdb. prc, txt, pdf, doc, lit and many others.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
My only problem with Stanza is the importing of files. They lose formating. For example, I imported a rtf file and it lost all quotation marks and accented letter were replaced by symbols. PDFs get imported as one large paragraph (but I at least knew PDFs would be troublesome to import). Does anyone have Bookshelf? How's that app?

Hicks.

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2006
UK
eReader

I quite like eReader. I had an update (V 2.0) thi smorning for it which has added more functionality. I just wish you could drag and drop files onto the iPhone instead of having to connect to your online bookshelf to download books.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
I quite like eReader. I had an update (V 2.0) thi smorning for it which has added more functionality. I just wish you could drag and drop files onto the iPhone instead of having to connect to your online bookshelf to download books.

yes it was a nice update today. I was playing with stanza but it can't see my books already on my iphone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.