PDA

View Full Version : AOL Being Considered Bought Out By MicroSoft

Mr. Anderson
Mar 21, 2004, 09:02 AM
http://money.cnn.com/2004/03/19/news/companies/aol_microsoft/index.htm?cnn=yes

Almost makes me laugh - my hatred for anything AOL has to offer, coupled with all the problems Microsoft has with software leads me to believe that if this goes through both companies might implode :D

I can dream, can't I?

I don't hate MS, they just are easy to pick on. But AOL has so many more issues that I truly despise.... It really makes me wonder sometimes how they managed to get as far as they did. That and I wish I had bought some of their stock in the early 90s :D

D

richland
Mar 21, 2004, 09:07 AM
Time Warner Denies AOL, Microsoft Deal (http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,115287,00.asp)

synergy
Mar 21, 2004, 11:35 AM
In my opinion it would never happen if even remotely true.

DOJ would block the deal.
European Union would block the deal.

The EU blocked the Honeywell GE merger a few years back basically killing the deal.

MS would have too much in the internet side for any government to let it happen.

raynegus
Mar 21, 2004, 04:04 PM
They deserve each other. Pond scum buying pond scum.

wdlove
Mar 21, 2004, 09:39 PM
Investors monitoring climate for Google IPO

By Robert Weisman, Globe Staff, 3/21/2004

Charlene Li knew expectations were overheating when her child's San Francisco preschool teacher recently asked her about the investment prospects of search engine company Google Inc.

"I hear it everywhere," said Li, a principal analyst for Forrester Research. "So many people are excited about Google because they use the product and they're looking for good news in the tech space."

Even before Google executives file for an initial public offering, or even acknowledge that they plan to, the event is shaping up to be the most-watched IPO in nearly a decade.

http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/081/nation/Investors_monitoring_climate_for_Google_IPO+.shtml

Applexilef
Mar 21, 2004, 11:01 PM
I better start saving up those AOL cd's, they're going to turn into relics after the new "AOL MICROSOFT 7.0 start-up disk" start coming out. hehehe

I actually have a whole wall of microwaved aol cd's...

Krizoitz
Mar 21, 2004, 11:05 PM
AOL Being Considered Bought Out By MicroSoft

that title is awful, honestly its a linguistic nightmare
thats all

cubist
Mar 22, 2004, 07:06 AM
that title is awful, honestly its a linguistic nightmare
thats all

I parse it as: An "AOL Being", something which lives on AOL?, which had been considered, paid for an exit which was made by Microsoft. Nah, it still doesn't work right.

When Microsoft first started, they did capitalize that S in the middle; but they don't seem to be doing so lately.

javabear90
Mar 22, 2004, 11:12 AM
hahahaha we are bashing ao-hell and there are adds for the all new aol 9.0 supercharged thinggy.

kaylee
Mar 23, 2004, 10:17 PM
If this were to happen, would it have an impact on the whole ichat being compatible with AIM, and the whole tie in with iTunes Music Store (AOL usernames being compatible, and linking to iTMS)?