PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook G4 to Unibody

perm
Feb 10, 2009, 02:25 PM
Hello guys I been searching found a few answers but I have a few questions I hope a few can help me out with.

I have a Powerbook G4 1.25 love the laptop My 1st Mac but now I'm, looking for something faster. I upgraded the Ram from 1.2GB to 2GB and that did not help at all. I do burn DVD's (virtual Hub)and surf the net and some pix editing.

What I'm looking is to cut DVD burning in 1/2 if not faster ( when I do a disk now it takes like 215min) It would be nice to burn one in like 30min

be able to push a big monitor 24inch on up

I was looking at either a older MBP like version1 2.1 Intel chip but for 1000 plus used I might as well get a new unibody 2.0 MB?

so my options would be to get a
older macbook pro
new unibody alum
new white 2.0 ( i really don't care about the white that much maybe I'll get a cover or something)

svndmvn
Feb 10, 2009, 02:36 PM
Get a refurb Unibody Aluminium Macbook 2.0GHz, time passing you could want to upgrade the RAM to 4 or 6GB.
About the burning, I believe it's the same for all macbooks, if that won't do you could just buy an external solution.

Nitrocide
Feb 10, 2009, 02:41 PM
I am a believer in getting the best you can afford at the time so thats a +1 to the unibod.