Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rigid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
Whenever I run diablo II in opengl mode it will be very smooth and then just freeze for a second, then speed up really fast to make up for the freeze. It happens totally randomly. When I run it in software mode this does not happen.

This makes no sense because I have a 3.06ghz imac with 4 gigs of ram. Anyone know if theres something I can do?

rbarris

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2003
Irvine CA
Whenever I run diablo II in opengl mode it will be very smooth and then just freeze for a second, then speed up really fast to make up for the freeze. It happens totally randomly. When I run it in software mode this does not happen.

This makes no sense because I have a 3.06ghz imac with 4 gigs of ram. Anyone know if theres something I can do?

Hey, are you seeing any driver error-log evidence in the system.log transcript after one of these episodes? Check it in console.app under applications/utilities.

If you do see some NVChannel / OpenGL errors logged there please send us the log transcript and maybe a system profile to go with it.

aluminumapple

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2009
for some reason updates dont fix it and alot of people have been getting this error and have been very edgy.

blizzard should actually fix this.. its been going on for mac users for a long time now..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.