PDA

View Full Version : Burning CD=crazy vibration?

nyyankees3511
Feb 10, 2009, 07:25 PM
I have the new 2.4 aluminum macbook and today for the first time I started burning cds and I noticed the whole computer vibrates pretty strongly. Is that normal? Also if i pick up the macbook and move it slightly while its burning it makes a weird noise. Is that normal also?

acfusion29
Feb 10, 2009, 07:47 PM
Sure why don't you just take your laptop and put it upside down while its burning...

Honestly c'mon.. I thought it was common sense NOT to move your laptop while it's writing to a disc.

And as for the vibrating, that's normal.

NewMacbookPlz
Feb 10, 2009, 07:48 PM
Sure why don't you just take your laptop and put it upside down while its burning...

Honestly c'mon.. I thought it was common sense NOT to move your laptop while it's writing to a disc.

And as for the vibrating, that's normal.

The vibration does however, vary with the quality of the media you're using. Low end media, and the computer knows it can't burn as fast to it, leading to less vibration.

IMO, the more buzzing, the better!! :D

kelv1ntran
Feb 11, 2009, 03:42 AM
i had the same question when i watch dvds it runs nice and smooth but when i installed ilife 09 it went crazy... super loud and vibrated slightly i was trippin but i guess i was just paranoid?