Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kas23

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
There is a new MMS sending app out now:

http://appshopper.com/utilities/multimedia-messages

This makes sending MMS very easy now. It is sorta like Flutter, but people without a browser can see the pics. Instead of the recipients getting a link to the image (like they do with Flutter), they will actually get the image directly MMS'd to them (without the use of a link or browser or data plan).

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Anyone got this to work?

I registered my number, plugged in my friend's Sprint number, sent an MMS but he never got it :confused:
(I read the app's description, says major US carriers, is Sprint one of them?)

Added: I sent 3 MMS, the recipient got an SMS saying if you'd like to accept the MMS from number xxx-xxx-xxxx
please reply with Y to xxx-xxx. The recipient replied with Y, yet he never got it. He also tried sending MMS to me
but I never got it.

And after 3 minutes I got his MMS, still got a SMS saying I have to log-in at viewmymessage with AT&T, you have
to use the log-in and password info they gave you.

After a delay of 5-8 minutes, the recipient got my MMS. Apparently it's not for receiving, only for SENDING. (my bad)
It's working people!

amy-is-good

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2009
hmm interesting! kinda wish they listed which carriers they support. also i know natively the iphone doesn't do mms, but what if you were jailbroken and had swirlymms set up with your carrier settings? would you be able to receive an mms through this app?

siufai

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2008
I've tested this app with my cousin, both of us have iPhones. It worked perfectly. When he sent me a pic, I get a text with a link, I click on the link and it brings up the page with the picture (no login required). Then you can save the picture by pressing and holding until you get the option to save the picture.

amy-is-good

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2009
I've tested this app with my cousin, both of us have iPhones. It worked perfectly. When he sent me a pic, I get a text with a link, I click on the link and it brings up the page with the picture (no login required). Then you can save the picture by pressing and holding until you get the option to save the picture.

so in other words, its the same thing as emailing each other the picture but worse if you both have iphones. hope you realize that.

amy-is-good

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2009
Doesn't MMS really only apply to teenage boys and girls?

not really? i have friends who don't have or use data plans so it'd be nice to still be able to send them a picture every once in a while (well unless they have an iphone which can't receive mms properly). i can't seem to get this app to work though. keeps telling me theres an error with the server when you register.

are you supposed to register your # like xxx-xxx-xxxx or 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx?

siufai

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2008
not really? i have friends who don't have or use data plans so it'd be nice to still be able to send them a picture every once in a while (well unless they have an iphone which can't receive mms properly). i can't seem to get this app to work though. keeps telling me theres an error with the server when you register.

are you supposed to register your # like xxx-xxx-xxxx or 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx?

I used xxx-xxx-xxxx. But I got the error message too, but only b/c i left the last name blank. Once I put in the last name it worked.

amy-is-good

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2009
I used xxx-xxx-xxxx. But I got the error message too, but only b/c i left the last name blank. Once I put in the last name it worked.

very odd. i tried xxx-xxx-xxxx format and definitely have both first and last name entered. still gives me an error.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.