PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen this site for Indie music?

applebum
Mar 22, 2004, 01:46 PM
Audio Lunchbox (http://www.audiolunchbox.com/)

I found this over the weekend. Read about it in a news blip. Anyone bought anything from here? It has songs in mp3 and orgg. Prices are usually the same as ITMS and some decent selection. Any thoughts?

pepita
Mar 23, 2004, 03:27 AM
Eh, definitely too indie for me... I only know 3 artists on the front page. So, I wouldn't be interested in trying it out.

But if you like the catalogue, then I suppose it's good. I think the pay-per-song model is the best one anyway.

I'm trying emusic which has more of a selection that suits me, but, it's subscription-based and I hate that.

I'm still waiting for ITMS to go worldwide... :rolleyes:

applebum
Mar 23, 2004, 10:58 AM
I thought it was a bit too much too, but I am not really up to date on the indie labels - I haven't found any songs to download from there yet. I am trying emusic also. I figure I will get my 50 free tunes and bail. I don't like the setup at emusic. Just to used to ITMS and its ease, I guess.

Edited for spelling

howard
Mar 24, 2004, 12:11 AM
yeah that site rocks for indie music! i wish itms had all of those labels signed..thought they are getting better and better with it

Scenicroadways
Apr 4, 2004, 01:21 PM
my favorite sight is pitchforkmedia.com It has great reviews of indie bands.

Abstract
Apr 9, 2004, 04:47 AM
Actually, Pitchfork has horrible reviews with pretentious writers, but I'll agree with you if you said it was the best way to hear of smaller bands/groups, because they seem to cover them all indiscriminately. That's why I visit Pitchfork.

Also, www.drownedinsound.com has good reviews, or at least ones that tell it to you straight. You can almost tell what type of music will get a good rating on Pitchfork by judging the way it sounds. Bands like the The Unicorns (crap....) thrive because of Pitchfork, which thinks that the Unicorns are like the greatest thing evvvar. They're not, and neither are The Postal Service, The Shins, or The Rapture (their #1 album of 2003). Heck, I OWN THAT ALBUM, and I don't think its possible that it's the best of 2003, although I do love it and an listening to it right now. :o

dukemeiser
Apr 13, 2004, 10:46 AM
Too bad they couldn't team up with Apple and put it on iTunes.