Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rune1974

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2009
Hi

Could someone please help me find out if this game, and s.t.al.k.e.r. 2 can run on and ordinary imac 20" ( 256 mb graphic card) and the new alu macbook.

Sorry if it seems obvious for some, but im not that good at reading specifications.

Regards Rune

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Stalker runs okay on my Macbook. Settings are all set to med and resolution is a bit lower than native. So I'm guessing since I haven't tried it yet, that Clear Sky won't work very well on the MB.

disambiguates

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2008
I can't say for the Imac but I'm running stalker on my alu macbook and at parts (with certain lighting effects), it's unplayable. This is with same settings as raggedjimmi and advanced effects off... So it makes an already hard game near-impossible. Maybe you will have better luck with the imac though.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Clear Sky like Crysis Warhead is actually meant to be enhanced so that it peforms better on hardware than what the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R did.

stainlessliquid

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2006
STALKER runs and looks similair to HL2 when you use static lighting. Enabling dynamic lighting gives a really big performance impact. Its an open world game so ram helps a lot.

Rodus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Midlands, UK
Stalker will run on my 06 iMac under crossover (with glitches) and is more then playable so it should run fine under bootcamp with the settings tweaked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.