PDA

View Full Version : Is it Out yet?

X whip X
Feb 13, 2009, 04:49 PM
Is the iPod touch G2.2 out yet? =P

Please comment back, It will be very appreciated.

-X whip X

blackbelt534
Feb 13, 2009, 04:59 PM
it's been out since september, where have you been:confused:

iParis
Feb 13, 2009, 05:04 PM
Dude, even 2.2.1 is out. Lol.
And I don't know where you got the "G2.2" from, the correct wording would be "firmware 2.2."

X whip X
Feb 13, 2009, 05:05 PM
The term : g2.2

Is generation 2.2

Anyone provide me with the 2.2 tools?

-X whip X

blackbelt534
Feb 13, 2009, 05:07 PM

Is generation 2.2

-X whip X

what do you mean generation 2.2? are you talking about the firmware? if so 2.2.1 is already out

iParis
Feb 13, 2009, 05:08 PM

Is generation 2.2

-X whip X

Ya... what blackbelt534 said, what are you talking about?!
What do you mean by tools? You can't be talking about hardware.

X whip X
Feb 13, 2009, 05:09 PM
Am i trippin'?

My ipod touch is version 2.2

What do i use to jailbreak it?

iParis
Feb 13, 2009, 05:12 PM
Am i trippin'?

My ipod touch is version 2.2

What do i use to jailbreak it?

OH. So you want to jailbreak? First I'd recommend upgrading to 2.2.1. And is your iPod touch a first generation or second generation?

X whip X
Feb 13, 2009, 05:20 PM
Second generation upgraded to 2.2.. and yes i would like to jailbreak my ipod and another thing.

If i update my ipod to version 2.2.1 will it erase EVERYTHING i have on it?:confused:

X whip X
Feb 13, 2009, 05:25 PM
-Currently updating to 2.2.1-

iParis
Feb 13, 2009, 05:27 PM
Second generation upgraded to 2.2.. and yes i would like to jailbreak my ipod and another thing.

If i update my ipod to version 2.2.1 will it erase EVERYTHING i have on it?:confused:

Why one God's earth would you think an update would erase everything?!?!:confused:

And do you own a Mac or PC?
Right now you can only do a tethered jailbreak on the second generation.
On PC there's a complicated GUI jailbreak, I think you can find something about it on ipodtouchfans.com

X whip X
Feb 13, 2009, 06:39 PM
This is a laptop and i believe that it is a.. windows.

And it's just cause last time it erased everything on my ipod touch including songs and games.. =p

iSaygoodbye
Feb 13, 2009, 06:42 PM
considering how little you seem to know i would NOT jailbreak if i were you

iParis
Feb 13, 2009, 07:24 PM

And it's just cause last time it erased everything on my ipod touch including songs and games.. =p

ironspider is pretty smart, take his advice.
You don't seem too tech savvy so I wouldn't recommend jailbreaking.

TuffLuffJimmy
Feb 13, 2009, 07:28 PM

If you don't know what operating system your computer is I wouldn't even recommend the app store for you. You might get overwhelmed.

iParis
Feb 13, 2009, 07:36 PM
If you don't know what operating system your computer is I wouldn't even recommend the app store for you. You might get overwhelmed.

ROLF. Actually, if he doesn't know what operating system he has he shouldn't be allowed on a forums site that talks about computers. I wonder if he knows what the differences between a Mac and a PC are since when I asked him which one he has he said it's a laptop that he thinks is running Windows.

X whip X
Feb 13, 2009, 11:20 PM
Get the frick off my thread if your going to be a retard.
This is my mothers computer, How am i suppose to know? and i could simply find out. Thanks for the help and thanks for the rude comments, So helpful.

-X whip X

TuffLuffJimmy
Feb 13, 2009, 11:23 PM
This is my mothers computer, How am i suppose to know? and i could simply find out. Thanks for the help and thanks for the rude comments, So helpful.

-X whip X

Sorry, I was being genuine though, there's a lot of stuff in the app store and you might end up wasting a lot of money or something on bad apps. I do think iParis took it a little far though...

iParis
Feb 13, 2009, 11:32 PM
Sorry, I was being genuine though, there's a lot of stuff in the app store and you might end up wasting a lot of money or something on bad apps. I do think iParis took it a little far though...

Ya... but on any computer I can usually tell the OS by a five second glance.
And yes, sorry, I was being rude.
The app store is great, just make sure you know what you're downloading.
And not to be mean, but I don't recommend you jailbreak, especially since it's not really a full version yet. If you still really want to jailbreak I think you should wait until the Dev Team releases a better version.

X whip X
Feb 14, 2009, 01:32 PM
Thanks for saying sorry,
And thanks for the advice, I won't jailbreak my ipod until it is the right time, and also i won't be purchasing any apps, I download em' for free.

(P.S I'm not on the computer much.)

-X whip X

alphaod
Feb 14, 2009, 01:51 PM
I download em' for free.

The already free ones of course right? Nothing you have to normally pay for?

fluidedge
Feb 14, 2009, 02:03 PM
to the graveyard with this thread!!

TuffLuffJimmy
Feb 14, 2009, 02:08 PM
The already free ones of course right? Nothing you have to normally pay for?

The OP isn't jailbreaking....

X whip X
Feb 14, 2009, 02:36 PM
aha, yeah I download the free ones off the APP store.

X whip X
Feb 14, 2009, 02:43 PM
I would never buy one unless i know it's good. ;)

mackmgg
Feb 14, 2009, 08:08 PM

-X whip X

well even on a computer in a public library or somewhere you've never been you should be able to easily tell, in my school i don't think there is ANYone that can't tell the difference by looking. no apple, no mac. start menu = windows.

Tallest Skil
Feb 15, 2009, 10:34 AM
please anounce me when it is out:o

If you had actually taken the time to read the thread, you would know that it has been out for months, and we are in fact past that release already.

TomBacho
Mar 1, 2009, 10:41 AM
no dude, if you actually read the thread firmware is out, but the easy one-click devteam jailbreak isn't out for the 2G. I'm looking forward to it as well, i remember writing code in iPhuk or whatever to break my 1.1.1 :) the apps store is fun but i miss customize.