PDA

View Full Version : album art in cover flow and "now playing" are different

Jefferson
Feb 13, 2009, 11:58 PM
I am going to lose my mind if I don't get this figured out.

I have several files in my iTunes that show the wrong artwork in the Cover Flow. They show the correct artwork in Now Playing, as well as when I go to Get Info. The correct artwork is there, and it is the only artwork there (i.e., there aren't two different images there).

What in the world am I doing wrong, and how can I fix this? I thought at one point it had something to do with marking something as part of a compilation, but I've unmarked anything that was marked as such but it didn't help...

HELP!! Thanks for helping a newbie out...

Gyrferret
Feb 14, 2009, 12:39 AM
I have the same issue on my iPod Touch. For two albums. On coverflow, the album artwork is correct when not centered, however it switches to the incorrect artwork when centered. When rotating back to "now playing" it displays the correct artwork.

My suggestion is to open up the album artwork on your computer, take blow it up to full size, then take a screen shot of that artwork. Save, then under the "song info", go to "artwork", delete the old one, and "add" the screenshot that you took. That should work, though I am not 100% sure....

Jefferson
Feb 14, 2009, 01:06 AM
I could be wrong but I don't think I need to do anything that extreme. I've messed with both the "part of compilation" setting as well as album artist setting, and have made even more titles pick up the same wrong artwork the initials ones had. It's something do to with that.

Jefferson
Feb 14, 2009, 01:32 PM
I did figure out that if I give these tracks album titles, for instance, "Get Together Remixes," cover flow then displays the intended art. I still don't understand what it is in iTunes that requires that. Why wouldn't it just display the artwork that I added under "Get Info" instead of taking it upon it self to display a different artwork? And when it does display the wrong album art, why does it show the particular one it does?

Thanks...