PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Halts Plan for Lip-Shaped Urinals

iGav
Mar 23, 2004, 03:15 AM
definitely a :p :p :p :p

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=6&u=/nm/20040322/od_nm/odd_urinal_dc

Savage Henry
Mar 23, 2004, 04:07 AM
And who says that Virgin has run out of original ideas?

I'm now just waiting for some bright wag to design one with the face of Branson himself. It will bring back the old fashioned joy of using the toilet.

;)

KC9AIC
Mar 23, 2004, 06:12 AM
It would be hard to urinate into something that looks remotely human. Especially something that can bite! :eek:

wdlove
Mar 23, 2004, 11:50 AM
Amazingly enough it was designed by a woman. It's a silly idea, but I don't really see anything wrong. I wonder what they were trying to accomplish?

iGav
Mar 23, 2004, 12:15 PM
Amazingly enough it was designed by a woman. It's a silly idea, but I don't really see anything wrong. I wonder what they were trying to accomplish?

maybe she's a Rolling Stones fan?? :p

rainman::|:|
Mar 23, 2004, 12:38 PM

It just adds a touch of fun and style to an otherwise boring, yet completely necessary, fixture. I mean, guys have to see these things a few times a day, depending on different factors, why must they always be white squares with a lip on the bottom? i really like these urinals. wonder if they'll auction them off or just destroy 'em... i'd definitely buy one.

don't see why anyone would be such a prude as to be offended by this. god, people, get some thicker skin.

paul

g30ffr3y
Mar 23, 2004, 12:47 PM
i think the only public place these may be appropriate for would be a strip bar or something... im not offended by them... but i think they were a bad idea for an airport... think of kids peeing in womens mouths... a whole new desensitization to "golden showers"... eeeewwwwwwwww...

briankonar
Mar 23, 2004, 03:10 PM
i guess the fact that it was designed as a woman's mouth is really the reason why people are up in arms over this. does anyone remember those big red wax lips? thats what this remnds me of. like paul, i really think they add a touch of flare (as tasteless as it may be) to the urinal, and is a step in the right direction none the less. the whole idea of designing and making an interesting form out of an everday necessity is great and i wish it were carried over into everything.

MAKE GRAFFITI LEGAL (in designated areas) FOR INSTANCE!!! (it's far more beautiful than a blank concrete wall, if it has to be there, might as well make it look nice).

Makosuke
Mar 23, 2004, 04:38 PM
maybe she's a Rolling Stones fan?? :pYeah, that was my first thought when I saw the photo: "Pee on the Stones!"

Though I can theoretically see how it could put out a bad image, people really need to get a little less sensitive about these sort of things--it's just being playful, folks! Then again, they look really creepy to me, so I wouldn't want to use one for completely PC-unrelated reasons. On that count, I can't say I'm unhappy that the world won't be graced with their presence.

Just have to put them somewhere edgier, like an art museum or club.

miloblithe
Mar 23, 2004, 05:54 PM
Um, isn't peeing into a symbol of woman's mouth pretty offensive? Am I missing something?

fortgreen1
Mar 23, 2004, 06:05 PM
how did they know it was a woman's lips. saw the pictures. it could very be man's. I don't think it should be a big deal because it is a woman's / man's mouth. I don't think it should be a big deal at all. bad taste at the most?

I think people are looking for excuse to make a voice sometimes. like me... I didn't have to write this....

thanks for your time.

i'm adding...
I guess we could mislead kids if that was installed in high school bathrooms. may be ok in art classroom.

um,
i have to admit that it could be offensive.... not because it resemles "woman" s mouth though. that also teaches kids wrong message taht women are always a victim because they are woman....

again, thanks for your time.

PlaceofDis
Mar 23, 2004, 06:18 PM
i hate public bathrooms - generic and bland and disgusting, i find nothing wrong with this idea at all, except perhaps kids shouldnt be around it too much or given the wrong idea bout it.....its a fixture and a utilitarian device, its not bad to spice things up once and a while, live a little and have som fun, if implimented people would probably stop commenting on them in a few months, except for those who are hardley at the airport, and then the men who use the restroom would have an even more memorable experience.....

Powerbook G5
Mar 23, 2004, 09:47 PM
Wow, I wonder if it gargles when you flush...

Sun Baked
Mar 23, 2004, 09:55 PM
Just think of how may urinals and toilet seats they could have sold to MicroSoft, Oracle and Dell alone.

Of course toilet seats that made ass kissing sounds when you sit on them probably would have been a bit much, but they're definitely needed at MicroSoft, Oracle, and Dell.

MrMacMan
Mar 23, 2004, 11:06 PM
Wow that looks like fun...

hahaha.

Kickin.

vwcruisn
Mar 23, 2004, 11:20 PM
how did they know it was a woman's lips. saw the pictures. it could very be man's. I don't think it should be a big deal because it is a woman's / man's mouth. I don't think it should be a big deal at all. bad taste at the most?

I think people are looking for excuse to make a voice sometimes. like me... I didn't have to write this....

thanks for your time.

i'm adding...
I guess we could mislead kids if that was installed in high school bathrooms. may be ok in art classroom.

um,
i have to admit that it could be offensive.... not because it resemles "woman" s mouth though. that also teaches kids wrong message taht women are always a victim because they are woman....

again, thanks for your time.

i agree.... i usually agree with NOW 100%.. but like you said.. its a mouth.. whats to say its not a guys mouth? like other people have said.. they need to calm down.. their claims that it will offend them and their daughters? how can it? unless they make it a habit of lounging in the mens room, in which case thats another problem all together.

AngryLawnGnome
Mar 24, 2004, 01:04 AM
ĦQue raro!

fortgreen1
Mar 24, 2004, 12:06 PM
world need more humors...

below is a bit far from this "lip of a woman" thang but,

I am sure you all have seen these already.

http://www.trojangames.co.uk/

and see VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

they are very positive movement to prevent aids and encourage youngs to feel more comfortable around condoms and prevent HIV/AIDS and they have no time to worry about offending sports.

cheers

leftbanke7
Mar 24, 2004, 01:50 PM
MAKE GRAFFITI LEGAL (in designated areas) FOR INSTANCE!!! (it's far more beautiful than a blank concrete wall, if it has to be there, might as well make it look nice).

It'll only look nice until rival taggers start to paint over existing tags and then it'll just be another wall with a bunch of crap on it.

An alternate idea is to have local artists propose designs with the winner getting the wall to paint it.

No blank wall, no tagging wars.