PDA

View Full Version : Are all macbook's the same

pattman247
Feb 15, 2009, 11:54 AM
I just noticed that my macbook has a yellowish tint on the screen and my brother's doesn't. Is it defective or it's normal to have a yellow tint on some macbooks.

DeusInvictus7
Feb 15, 2009, 12:01 PM
Well, Apple uses a few different panels for the Macbooks, so that might be a factor. Also, maybe your brother has calibrated his screen and you haven't?

petermcphee
Feb 15, 2009, 12:21 PM
I just noticed that my macbook has a yellowish tint on the screen and my brother's doesn't. Is it defective or it's normal to have a yellow tint on some macbooks.

Do you mean a yellow tint to the screen, or a yellow tint to the white plastic of the body? This information may help generate better answers to your question.

NewMacbookPlz
Feb 15, 2009, 02:03 PM
Well, Apple uses a few different panels for the Macbooks, so that might be a factor. Also, maybe your brother has calibrated his screen and you haven't?

This, 1000 times over. Screen calibration makes a HUGE difference in the appearance of the panels on these computers. The funny thing is, when I boot into Win7, the colors are beautiful out of the gate, heh.

pattman247
Feb 15, 2009, 08:17 PM
we both have the same display panels and the same display calibration, david's profile. is it that over time the screen gets worse, since mine is like 5 months older, or I just never noticed it before?

clyde2801
Feb 15, 2009, 08:25 PM
Plastic macbooks don't have the led backlighting of the unibodies, and the little phosphoresent tubes gradually wear out over time. I wouldn't think it would be noticeable in five months, however.

HazRutter
Feb 16, 2009, 03:02 AM
Plastic macbooks don't have the led backlighting of the unibodies, and the little phosphoresent tubes gradually wear out over time. I wouldn't think it would be noticeable in five months, however.

I think he said 5 months older than his brothers, not a 5 month old laptop

J&JPolangin
Feb 16, 2009, 03:15 AM
... take it in and have it looked at if you're having trouble with it... hope you have apple care?...